+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: O/T Can anyone recall TV news not reporting on a daily murder case in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Not what's happened in London though is it?

Murder rate higher under Labour, Livingstone and Khan.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...urge-in-london

Just by coincidence ( or not) there was a stabbing last night in Attercliffe less than a mile from the old Don Valley Stadium

Completely personnal viewpoint based on nothing more than being on earth for a while,in my youth when/if you got into an argument or fight,the person who lost said argument/fight would end up with a few cuts and bruises at worst,nowadays there`s good chance you will be stabbed,especially if you are young black man.
    40 years ago I didn`t know anyone who owned a knife,let alone carry one,maybe I was surrounded by "good human beings" though,but probably not,the world has gone down the sh*tter.

Thanks for confirming what I just said.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Thanks for confirming what I just said.
    The data shows a rapid decline under Livingstone, a reversal of that trend during Boris Johnson's tenure and the resumption of the decline under Khan.

It may be coincidence, but it supports the trend shown in the national data that I pointed out earlier in the thread of Labour administrations apparently securing a reduction in the murder rate.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    The data shows a rapid decline under Livingstone, a reversal of that trend during Boris Johnson's tenure and the resumption of the decline under Khan.

It may be coincidence, but it supports the trend shown in the national data that I pointed out earlier in the thread of Labour administrations apparently securing a reduction in the murder rate.
    There were fewer murders when Johnson was running London (2008-16).

Same as New York, murders down when the Republicans were running it.

Name:  capture3.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  55.8 KB

https://www.murdermap.co.uk/statisti...cs-historical/

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Completely personnal viewpoint based on nothing more than being on earth for a while,in my youth when/if you got into an argument or fight,the person who lost said argument/fight would end up with a few cuts and bruises at worst,nowadays there`s good chance you will be stabbed,especially if you are young black man.
    40 years ago I didn`t know anyone who owned a knife,let alone carry one,maybe I was surrounded by "good human beings" though,but probably not,the world has gone down the sh*tter.
    We were lucky as kids to live in the times we did , most of us grew up with mum and dad as our role models , if we misbehaved there were consequences .

Same at school , if you stepped out of line you were punished which could be detention in your own time doing lines or the stick if you did something serious .

We knew what the consequences were .

My son in law teaches at a tough school in Barnsley , they think nothing of vaping whilst he tries to conduct the lesson , don't even try and sneak a crafty one they just do it openly .

Sent to the quiet room is about as much of a punishment there is .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345