+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Can anyone recall TV news not reporting on a daily murder case in the UK?

O/T Can anyone recall TV news not reporting on a daily murder case in the UK?

What is it with society where we read now on a daily basis that yet another murder has been committed.

I have never heard/read via TV/radio as much, where murders are now a daily norm. We must now have the most unstable society ever and that's saying something when you look back on previous years/centuries. It makes you wonder what you might come across going about your daily life.

Over the years they've stopped reporting all sorts of crimes as they've gotten more common ans people become ammune to them.

Now a murder has to involve kids in some way for them to make the news.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Over the years they've stopped reporting all sorts of crimes as they've gotten more common ans people become ammune to them.

Good points pal. It's just of late I suppose I get to see more TV and listen to radio, maybe if I give them both a miss I wouldn't pick up as much info on all these senseless murders.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post

Yet murder rates are down from the 1980's and 1990's.

Let's not let facts get in the way.

Can you show us the stats for that howdy ?

Here you go.

https://www.macrotrends.net/global-m...%20from%202016.

There's far more news agencies these days and the population's gone up. I just looked at a couple of other sources and the story is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Can you show us the stats for that howdy ?
    This might help:

https://www.murdermap.co.uk/statisti...cs-historical/

Both stats only carry information up to 2020 and 2021, a lot could have changed in the last three years since your chart RP.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Well raging I can read it. I'd seen that link.

'Homicide in England and Wales 1898 to 2023'

Hmmm

As a nipper growing up on Chemist Lane (1950s) I remember very well when a local barber ( Crapper? ) was murdered in Thornhill/Masboro .
    All men ( women didn't commit murder back then ) were finger printed by door to door enquiry team . My eldest brother had been called up for the army and was on his way to Singapore but the police still made contact and he had his dabs taken when he arrived !

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast