Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
Only on Saturday you were pointing out the darkness that awaits us.

Thats normally my job on here.

Best leaving the doom mongering to an expert OB!

If I ain’t worried then nobody should be.

A win against Rotherham puts us 9 points clear of 7th place or 8 points clear if Hull won their game in hand.

Given our better goal difference this would then mean EVERY club from 7th and below would need to win at least 3 of their last 5 matches in in some case win 3 and draw 1 out of 5 games whilst we lose all 4 of our then remaining matches.

This is beyond unlikely, you have more chance of seeing Lord Lucan riding naked up Cradley Heath High Street on Shergar!

Beat Rotherham and Sunderland and all of the rest are close to requiring snookers to get ahead of us.

I’m feeling unusually sanguine about our next 5 matches ahead of us losing the play off semi against whoever.
Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post
Having got back late and not having the best day out given toe result, I’ll take the point as disappointing as it is. We were not guaranteed promotion or play off material from the start so to be where we are is a bonus.

Many shouting we had secured a play off place to early. Subs perhaps might make sense when we have players available to pick up the points that we should be going forward as automatic promotion was gone months ago.

Time will tell.
My post on Saturday does not indicate panic my behalf. It was a view of what I consider a realistic take on on a situation as it was then.

But you are right, following last nights games we are in a very good place and therefore will leave the doom and gloom predictions to you.

Anyway, I have no wish to see Lord Lucan naked or otherwise to be Frank, I guess I’d hear him before I saw him as skeletons tend to rattle around a little, so I definitely turn my head away.

Looking forward to the three points tonight.