+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a night

What a night

After being 0-2 up Norwich draw 2-2 at Sheffield Wed and Coventry lose to Southampton.

I’m
    Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    After being 0-2 up Norwich draw 2-2 at Sheffield Wed and Coventry lose to Southampton.
    We’ve had a very good night.

A win tomorrow would show a massive gap between us and the wannabes.

We are both points and goal difference (worth an extra point) with 4 to 5 games to go.

I’ve never understood the panic on here by some.

We’re rubbish but not as rubbish as the other pretenders.

I agree, except for the rubbish bit Mick. I see a team working really hard in a tough unforgiving league. It’s squeaky bum time for everybody. Brilliant league.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’m

We’ve had a very good night.

A win tomorrow would show a massive gap between us and the wannabes.

We are both points and goal difference (worth an extra point) with 4 to 5 games to go.

I’ve never understood the panic on here by some.

We’re rubbish but not as rubbish as the other pretenders.

We are playing rubbish and certainly would not fancy our chances in the second leg away if we get there! If we don’t start on the front foot tomorrow against a very very s hit Rotherham and with Fellows starting something is very wrong! Bench for Wallace as out of form!

A very good set of results for us tonight.

I have not seen any panic by Albion fans, just a realistic understanding of the reality of the situation. Nothing is ever certain until you have crossed the finishing line. Many have found that out before now.

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post
    A very good set of results for us tonight.

I have not seen any panic by Albion fans, just a realistic understanding of the reality of the situation. Nothing is ever certain until you have crossed the finishing line. Many have found that out before now.
    Only on Saturday you were pointing out the darkness that awaits us.

Thats normally my job on here.

Best leaving the doom mongering to an expert OB!

If I ain’t worried then nobody should be.

A win against Rotherham puts us 9 points clear of 7th place or 8 points clear if Hull won their game in hand.

Given our better goal difference this would then mean EVERY club from 7th and below would need to win at least 3 of their last 5 matches in in some case win 3 and draw 1 out of 5 games whilst we lose all 4 of our then remaining matches.

This is beyond unlikely, you have more chance of seeing Lord Lucan riding naked up Cradley Heath High Street on Shergar!

Beat Rotherham and Sunderland and all of the rest are close to requiring snookers to get ahead of us.

I’m feeling unusually sanguine about our next 5 matches ahead of us losing the play off semi against whoever.

Would be great to secure a play off place as quickly as mathematically possible. Then get some youngsters run out for any dead rubber games.
    Rest and refit for the first teamers, then onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Thats normally my job on here.
    Best leaving the doom mongering to an expert OB!

I’m feeling unusually sanguine about our next 5 matches ahead of us losing the play off semi against whoever.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Reminds me of the patch I wear at times..."Optimistically Pessimistic"
    😆😆😆😆

Results certainly went our way last night with Norwich doing an Albion but it's a reminder that you cannot take any game for granted in this league. It was a massive result for Wednesday but whilst Rotherham are going down we shouldn't assume they will be an easy beat. We need points on the board and certainly agree with others that we need to start on the front foot from the off and play our strongest team which means Fellows must surely start ahead of Wallace. Of course it's a winnable game but we need to ensure we take full advantage of the opportunity to get all 3 points -and more than a couple of goals to help our GD would be nice too!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Results certainly went our way last night with Norwich doing an Albion but it's a reminder that you cannot take any game for granted in this league. It was a massive result for Wednesday but whilst Rotherham are going down we shouldn't assume they will be an easy beat. We need points on the board and certainly agree with others that we need to start on the front foot from the off and play our strongest team which means Fellows must surely start ahead of Wallace. Of course it's a winnable game but we need to ensure we take full advantage of the opportunity to get all 3 points -and more than a couple of goals to help our GD would be nice too!
    This is precisely the point Omeg. We know that in this league any team can beat any other. There is no guaranteed points that is for sure. We should beat Rotherham by three or four but they are relegated and the shackles are off so who knows. No of us has a crystal ball.

The reality is, we should get a shot at the play offs. But there is no certainty to any outcome. The only time that certainty become reality is when you have crossed the line.

No panic here just a realistic understanding that in life, you never ever take things for granted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)