+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    My username gives you my age and the bet would have been in the late eighties. The trainer was Lady Herries, the wife of cricket legend Colin Cowdrey.

My selection for tomorrow was I am Maximus but that has been backed to favourite. May also look for another with a bigger price.
    I remember Lady Herries. She was a good trainer.

Good luck with I Am Maximus tomorrow.

Still available at 8.6/1 on Betfair at time of posting.

Willie Mullins has 8 runners and Paul Townend isn't renowned for picking the wrong one.

Quote Originally Posted by chaincey.ncfc View Post
    I’ve had a fiver on it each way Pete 👍

My sister has gone for Panda Boy and Coko Beach solely on them being greys so she can pick them out in a crowd
    You haven't said what else you've backed Chalky. I can't believe it is only one!

Only the one horse for me howoldboy as I know absolutely nothing about them,I’m only having a go because my sister refuses to go into tsuch places of sin which she thinks should be closed down forever and banished into hell… but she’s quite happy to send me in there every April 🤣

Only the one horse for me howoldboy as I know absolutely nothing about them,I’m only having a go because my sister refuses to go into tsuch places of sin which she thinks should be closed down forever and banished into hell… but she’s quite happy to send me in there every April 🤣
    When you arrive at the Pearly Gates I'm sure you'll be allowed in if you explain this to Saint Peter. Although explaining why you had to have a bet, in addition to your sister's, may take a bit longer.

Thanks to you starting this thread I've been looking at the Grand National field much more than I usually do. I can't get away from fancying Kitty's Light although the "experts" seem to think the going may be a bit soft for him.

On that basis I have spread my risk and during the last couple of days backed 10 of them at £1 each way. Total staked £20.

Corach Rambler 10/1
    Panda Boy 17/1
    Vanillier 18/1
    Mr Incredible 20/1
    Kittys Light 20/1
    Mahler Mission 20/1
    Delta Work 34/1
    Galvin 65/1
    Stattler 65/1
    Foxy Jacks 110/1

I just hope that after the race I'm not wishing I'd just gone £10 each way on Kitty's Light and left the others alone.

Whatever the outcome, my main concern will be for all of the horses to get through the race without injury.

I was just thinking that for the sake of a quid those final three horses have to be worth an ew bet?

I was just thinking that for the sake of a quid those final three horses have to be worth an ew bet?
    That's what I did Chalky.

Here we go..

Ain’t that a shame.. 50p e/w Won £5.50
    I am Maximus £1 win Won £6.50
    Mr Incredible £1 win Lost
    Panda Boy £1 win Lost
    Noble Yeats £1 win Lost

£5 staked.. £12 won

Kittys Light was placed 5th with Sky Bet paying extra places.. not sure what you would have won Howoldboy 🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    That's what I did Chalky.
    So you did howoldboy,my eyesight is getting as bad as my hearing now 🥸

You must be in profit surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    Here we go..

Ain’t that a shame.. 50p e/w Won £5.50
    I am Maximus £1 win Won £6.50
    Mr Incredible £1 win Lost
    Panda Boy £1 win Lost
    Noble Yeats £1 win Lost

£5 staked.. £12 won

Kittys Light was placed 5th with Sky Bet paying extra places.. not sure what you would have won Howoldboy 🤷*♂️
    A win is a win bdb,always good if you take the cash from the bookies 😎

Corach Rambler 10/1. UR
    Panda Boy 17/1. 17th.
    Vanillier 18/1. 14th.
    Mr Incredible 20/1. UR
    Kittys Light 20/1 5th. £5 return.
    Mahler Mission 20/1. UR
    Delta Work 34/1 2nd. £7.80 return.
    Galvin 65/1 4th. £14 return.
    Stattler 65/1. PU
    Foxy Jacks 110/1. PU

All bets £1 ew. 1/5 the odds a place.
    Staked £20.
    Returns £26.80.
    Profit £6.80.

Although I would have won more if I'd just backed Kitty's Light, I have to say it was good fun having so many runners. Might do the same again next year.

Also good news that no horses fell during the race.

Looks like Davee is the man to follow next year. Inside information from trainers and 100% tipping record on here. One horse selected. One winner. He's buying the drinks as well!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)