+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I potty ?

Am I potty ?

I have been down to Oakwell this morning to renew 3 season tickets, my thinking was after last nights poor show there might not be much of a queue & I was right ,straight in with no one in front of me although I must confess the office did start to fill up behind me , so the question is , was I shrewd or just potty ? , probably somewhere in the middle but amongst all this doom and gloom I tend to try and look on the bright side & hopefully next season will be a good one , we will see .

I never make a judgement on whether it is right to buy a Season Ticket or not. It is an individual decision to respect whether you agree with it or not.

As i said a day or two ago I bought a ST every year from 1971 to 2020.

As with our owners using their millions buying shares during recent Share Issues make sure you receive Share Certificates in return detailing the amount you paid into the club. The value of these can be cashed in later at a time of your choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I have been down to Oakwell this morning to renew 3 season tickets, my thinking was after last nights poor show there might not be much of a queue & I was right ,straight in with no one in front of me although I must confess the office did start to fill up behind me , so the question is , was I shrewd or just potty ? , probably somewhere in the middle but amongst all this doom and gloom I tend to try and look on the bright side & hopefully next season will be a good one , we will see .
    Just a question of when or if fans reach the end point when parting with their money , clearly something still burns bright enough for you to renew Shad .

As SB has pointed out it comes down to the individual .

Mad as mad thing on planet madness 🤣

Nahh uncle Shad your not Potty lol. That used to be somebody else on here. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Just a question of when or if fans reach the end point when parting with their money , clearly something still burns bright enough for you to renew Shad .

As SB has pointed out it comes down to the individual .
    I agree with both you and SB , buying tickets & attending matches is entirely an individuals personal choice & I have absolutely no problem with what anybody chooses to do , it has nothing to do with me & frankly none of my business , I made the post to bring a bit of levity to the morning after , questioning my sanity but not wanting to miss the chance of an empty box office !!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Mad as mad thing on planet madness ��

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I agree with both you and SB , buying tickets & attending matches is entirely an individuals personal choice & I have absolutely no problem with what anybody chooses to do , it has nothing to do with me & frankly none of my business , I made the post to bring a bit of levity to the morning after , questioning my sanity but not wanting to miss the chance of an empty box office !!
    Think sales will be down at around 7k next season Shad assuming we remain in league one which looks a distinct possibility .

Put it this way the club would have to show some real intent in the transfer market this coming summer to pull the numbers they've enjoyed in recent seasons .

Broke a few camels back this season watching that shyte at Oakwell .

Will also be there next season in my seat in the West Stand. Hopefully the home form will be a bit better!

Massive change coming in the players if we are still in league one next season, which to me is 99% certain!
    Cole, Williams and Kane will move on, loan players back to clubs and hopefully the manager will go early so a new man can influence who comes in.
    Personally I don’t think they will sack Collins, I’m just hoping they do! If they do I’d like to see Duff come back and breathe some life back into our side.
    Who knows with new fresh players who are not bought from Lidl we might get back on track with some exciting football rather than the Collins “crab” boring approach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast