+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Walsall (A) 13.04.24 [EFL L2]

📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Walsall (A) 13.04.24 [EFL L2]

Good positive interview. Good to hear he is the happiest he has ever been at any club and so many positive words about NCFC. Another player coming out with praise for SM (perhaps they know more than we do about the guy eh?).

There does seem to be a line of questioning over the past few weeks along the lines of do you think Stuart Maynard is doing a good job? It's almost like the journos think they know something, but aren't skilled enough to ask the appropriate questions... or they are just stirring it.

Well if they are stirring they aren't getting the answers they want (not that they are likely get negative comments).

Players think S M is not as bad we think.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Well if they are stirring they aren't getting the answers they want (not that they are likely get negative comments).
    Player do not have to give their whole support to S M but all have. They could give a guarded answer but have not. So S M must be doing things right according to players . The senior player would sniff out if S M is not up to being a decent managerm

His performance against Sutton summed up this season for Notts as a whole. Brilliant, chaotic and clumsy

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Good positive interview. Good to hear he is the happiest he has ever been at any club and so many positive words about NCFC. Another player coming out with praise for SM (perhaps they know more than we do about the guy eh?).
    "SM doesn't know what he's talking about"

oops - I'm not on the team sheet

Notts to beat Walsall 3-0. JJ Macca and Jatta to score

No, but yes, look, I mean even if he says all the right things I can't quite warm to him as I did to LW. But, yes, no, was it Wootton who started every interview that way? The phrase must have stuck in the building which SM didn't use once. And no, yes, didn't LW have performance levels up to scratch? And isn't it a coaching team not management team.

Anyway good luck, I mean, look, no but yes he's going to be here a while yet so let's hope he sorts it for next season - he's got all the right phrases and cliches albeit some grate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast