+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: West Bromwich Albion Post Match Thoughts

that's the thing with football players and fans don't see the need for sportmanship, there are very rare glimpse of it, DiCanio, Fowler pen against seaman, Biesla goal Leeds Villa.

Making yourself available..............this now seems to be a new thing for a professional footballer, even though you sign a contract and get paid each month, even though you expect the world to show you respect and not be verbally abused you can now decide not to turn up for work and do what you want, it must be hard for these guys.
    It now seems that Lindsay is added to the list of such players based on LR interview, asked whether he was injured the head coach said "he thinks so" it is the medical teams decision, not sure about all this we just have a bunch of players that can't be bothered, the club have some come back options, otherwise the whole thing is a joke

We are top of the league

If Referee apologies transmitted to points we would be on track for European football next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Making yourself available..............this now seems to be a new thing for a professional footballer, even though you sign a contract and get paid each month, even though you expect the world to show you respect and not be verbally abused you can now decide not to turn up for work and do what you want, it must be hard for these guys.
    It now seems that Lindsay is added to the list of such players based on LR interview, asked whether he was injured the head coach said "he thinks so" it is the medical teams decision, not sure about all this we just have a bunch of players that can't be bothered, the club have some come back options, otherwise the whole thing is a joke
    I agree it’s ridiculous isn’t it.
    I wish he would just come out and say what he means.
    Just call the players out **** em.
    It makes him look weak.

He is weak ! Why is he still here ?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I have to agree, you can't expect opposition players to do anything other than go along with the referee's decision however incompetent it may have been.
    You're probably right about VAR too, if
    I agree.Unless it's a question of sportsmanship then players have to play to the decisions of the ref.It was an absolute shocker though.The worst I've seen for many a year and that is with my objective head on.It's nothing to do with being a Millers fan.I would have said the same had it been in our favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    As an Albion fan I have to admit that it was one of the worst decisions that I have seen for many a year and would be absolutely furious if that decision had been given against us. It wasn’t handball and it was outside the area. I don’t understand why the referee didn’t consult the linesman. It was gross incompetence on the part of both of them. Having said this, you can’t blame the Albion players as we have had poor decisions given against us this season, admittedly not as bad as this one, but incorrect all the same. Basically, we have to live with the referees decisions and just get on with it. I think VAR would have overturned this one but wouldn’t have put money on it!!
    Just to point out that quite a few of your players claimed the handball/ penalty or whatever they were gesticulating over. Have a look at the highlights and you’ll see quite a number of arms waving about in the air.
    It’s a bit off for some of your players to do that and then latterly admit there was no offence committed.
    At best that’s unsportsmanlike and at worst it’s downright cheating on your part to influence the referee.

Whilst it won’t affect our season the likes of Coventry and Hull must be disappointed at how the game was officiated

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Regarding the penalty, yes the rotherham players are appealing it was outside the box as the ref walks past Peltier to point to the spot, but what about the WBA players, why didnt any of them say look ref it was outside the area? or if they want fair play just roll the ball back to the keeper or miss the penalty...WBA knew it wasn't a penalty but still were happy to score.
    THAT IS THE STATE OF FOOTBALL. no honesty anymore. So not just the ref.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Just to point out that quite a few of your players claimed the handball/ penalty or whatever they were gesticulating over. Have a look at the highlights and you’ll see quite a number of arms waving about in the air.
    It’s a bit off for some of your players to do that and then latterly admit there was no offence committed.
    At best that’s unsportsmanlike and at worst it’s downright cheating on your part to influence the referee.

Whilst it won’t affect our season the likes of Coventry and Hull must be disappointed at how the game was officiated
    Your last point. Quite right. Bad refs affect everyone….people don’t appreciate that enough.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    So he enjoyed the game and thanked the players who bothered to turn up? We saw the worst refereeing decision any of us is likely to see last night, and now we've heard the weakest, most pathetic post-match interview. Surely we need to make a fresh start at the end of the season. Richardson is a busted flush already and there's no way back.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast