+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: £2500 fine for being smelly!

£2500 fine for being smelly!

Part of the governments latest legislation aimed at tackling the rough sleeping problem.

I may have voted Tory for 20 years but I’m actually looking forward to seeing this bunch of c hunts decimated at the next election.

They are complete imbeciles.

Having such distasteful people in cardboard boxes stinking out our cities simply will not do. Imagine how upsetting it would be to come across such peasants and spoiling the look of the place! Really Mick, surely you understand how important it is to keep up appearances!

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Having such distasteful people in cardboard boxes stinking out our cities simply will not do. Imagine how upsetting it would be to come across such peasants and spoiling the look of the place! Really Mick, surely you understand how important it is to keep up appearances!
    Mate, I never hide the fact I lean slightly left of centre in Tory terms and slightly right of centre if I’m going to be impressed by Labour.

Stuff like this really makes me angry.

At the Five Ways island in Birmingham city centre a few weeks ago there was this poor girl stood with a cup begging at the junction, she walked past my car window before I had time to react.

I hardly carry money these days so I scrabbled around for not very much and called her back and put some in her cup and gave her a few gentle words and she blessed me.

Almost brought me to tears.

I’m not really bothered if I helped fund her drug habit, if I see her next week I’ll give her much more.

Kindness costs nothing but the hateful agenda towards the street people that is being put forward is disgusting.

I’ve actually grown to hate this present Tory bunch of fk wits, I never thought I’d say that.

I’m no fan of the Corbynista types like Rayner but we’ve got to be better than this vile bunch of scum.

I'd like to know how they expect them to afford to pay such fines. I don't think they've thought this through very well and expect them to find a pretty obvious flaw in their mighty plan before too long.

It's a non story,they won't pay any fines because they are skint,they won't be sent to prison for non payment,because they are full.Simples.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Mate, I never hide the fact I lean slightly left of centre in Tory terms and slightly right of centre if I’m going to be impressed by Labour.

Stuff like this really makes me angry.

At the Five Ways island in Birmingham city centre a few weeks ago there was this poor girl stood with a cup begging at the junction, she walked past my car window before I had time to react.

I hardly carry money these days so I scrabbled around for not very much and called her back and put some in her cup and gave her a few gentle words and she blessed me.

Almost brought me to tears.

I’m not really bothered if I helped fund her drug habit, if I see her next week I’ll give her much more.

Kindness costs nothing but the hateful agenda towards the street people that is being put forward is disgusting.

I’ve actually grown to hate this present Tory bunch of fk wits, I never thought I’d say that.

I’m no fan of the Corbynista types like Rayner but we’ve got to be better than this vile bunch of scum.
    She was there the other week Mick, haven’t been up that road for a long time but was heading from visiting my poorly aunt into brum centre for a concert at the Utilita arena, like you had no cash and things like this shouldn’t happen, by the way what are Bham city council doing road wise, everything was either dug up or blocked off, and I had to pay for the privilege of driving in. Like a third world city, in fact I have driven round some better (from a road traffic point of view) third world cities.

Agree with greyhound that it's a click-bait non story in as much that it's simply not enforceable but, on the other hand, it's also indicative of the sheer nastiness that has been increasingly creeping into the Conservative right.

Labour will surely get in at the next election but I'm sure it will sadly be down to swathes of tactical voting by an electorate desperate not to have any more years of Conservative rule by this privileged and inept bunch rather than any real belief in Starmer or Labour's policies.

I think it was Mick who said he wished that both Conservative and Labour parties would simply split in two so that you had two more centrist parties and one left wing and one right wing. I agree with him. Not only would it stop all the infighting and improve party unity, but the increase in options might well then mean that people may actually find a party that they felt better represented their own views and that they could get behind more. Won't happen though.

In the meantime, Jarvis Cocker's 2006 claim that "c unts are still running the world" seems more true than ever 😞

I feel for all the genuine homeless folk on the streets but there are many ( especially foreigners) who are exploiting the situation and make a tidy sum. Always best to offer food and water rather than money so you know it’s not going to drink and drugs.

I always find it’s the have nots who are far more generous than those with lots of money. If every single individual gave the same percentage financial help to the homeless it would be a better world. For a person on the minimum wage for example giving 1% would still be far harder than say someone on 100 grand plus a year giving the same percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I feel for all the genuine homeless folk on the streets but there are many ( especially foreigners) who are exploiting the situation and make a tidy sum. Always best to offer food and water rather than money so you know it’s not going to drink and drugs.

I always find it’s the have nots who are far more generous than those with lots of money. If every single individual gave the same percentage financial help to the homeless it would be a better world. For a person on the minimum wage for example giving 1% would still be far harder than say someone on 100 grand plus a year giving the same percentage.
    It really doesn’t matter what the money is for, if it’s for drugs then so be it, whatever helps get them through their miserable and probably short existence.

It’s not for me to judge what a desperate persons need is, it’s not my job to decide what a gift is spent on.

If you give you should give without judgement, if you need to judge the recipient then it’s best to keep the money in your pocket.

The other week when I had my knee op I felt like I was floating on air for an hour post op, apparently due to the residual effects of the anaesthetic and the morphine based pain killer they administered during the op.

For the first time in my life I understood why people use heroin and the like, to feel numbed to the misery and to feel so good for a short while must be very hard to turn away from.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It really doesn’t matter what the money is for, if it’s for drugs then so be it, whatever helps get them through their miserable and probably short existence.

It’s not for me to judge what a desperate persons need is, it’s not my job to decide what a gift is spent on.

If you give you should give without judgement, if you need to judge the recipient then it’s best to keep the money in your pocket.

The other week when I had my knee op I felt like I was floating on air for an hour post op, apparently due to the residual effects of the anaesthetic and the morphine based pain killer they administered during the op.

For the first time in my life I understood why people use heroin and the like, to feel numbed to the misery and to feel so good for a short while must be very hard to turn away from.

Don’t agree Mick but hey - opinions! If you give an addict ( drugs, drink or gambling ) money then it could be a continuation of ruining their lives. I prefer to offer food or water and do.

I like what shops are doing now ie M and S for one - on the outside window you can tap your card and an amount goes to charities who help those on the streets. There is a sign which says direct the money in the right way to support genuine people and keep them off the streets.

Nobody wants to see people sleeping in shop doorways or begging so more hot meal provisions and beds should deter those from being on the streets. If I was a shop paying huge rent and rates I wouldn’t be happy if someone was sleeping or begging outside my shop. Don’t get me wrong if genuine I would want to give them a voucher for a hot meal but customers would be the first priority so would want anyone moved on.

This is why internet businesses in my view should pay more tax than prime high street as they can operate on land which costs peanuts and don’t have to worry about people sleeping rough outside their shops, pools of vomit or the weather which can deter footfall.

Some areas/towns albeit sad are being ruined by homeless folk in doorways - San Francisco for one!

Ask any businesses in Harrogate who pay top dollar for rent and rates about homeless folk and they will say the police should move them on. That’s not being heartless as again town folk can contribute by tapping their card on M and S etc to help.

Perhaps imprisonment for those who are not vulnerable on the streets pocketing money through false pretence. That’s fraud.

You know where my money goes and most are homeless too or leaving in Shelters? Those that sell the Big Issue. Nobody really reads these magazines but applaud these folk through rain and shine getting off their back sides and offering something for money or donation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)