Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
With the very greatest of respect this is quite a poorly thought out response Boingy. At no point did I suggest 28 was old or draw attention to the average age of our starting 11. I do however think you'll find 28 is getting on a bit for most Championship starting 11s.

The part of my post you initially picked up on was in reference to the average age of the squad and it's relevance to injuries over the course of a season and the need for rotation. In terms of minutes played per year we have a lot of minutes on the clock for players in the 28 up age bracket.

I for one wasn't remotely surprised to see us play out a controlled performance against already relegated opposition with a view to conserving energy for the games ahead; a point which seemed to bypass a number of those in the crowd criticised in my third golden paragraph.

Genuinely hope I've been able to clear that up. For the record I have access to the Internet and statistics as well. I mention this only because although Furlong is having his best season for us he hasn't been as good as you'd have the world believe 😉 .
I wasn’t having a dig in the remotest, just picking up on the age thing. You’ll also note that your last paragraph was Gold to me. Regarding Furlong he’s in the top three of our performers and considering he’s played 41 games he is as good as I suggest.