+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Viktor.

Davis and other multiple reports say a million.

Which is still peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Another peanuts for gold exchange - please Evo, put a stop to this if you can
    It's upto the chairman and the wage structure

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Davis and other multiple reports say a million.

Which is still peanuts
    Sure i read 7 figures was the release clause.

The release clause was activated when we were relegated, maybe we should have tried a bit harder to stay up. A million or £750K maybe peanuts, but that is what Viktor's agent wanted and the club agreed to for the new contract to be signed. We could have turned it down, Viktor not sign, then at end of this season he leaves on a free.

The release figure is like a reserve price at an auction.If there are several clubs bidding then it could end up considerably more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    The release figure is like a reserve price at an auction.If there are several clubs bidding then it could end up considerably more.
    Is that how it works?

I always thought that as long as the the release figure is met then we have to accept it? The auction style bidding will be on his wages, not the fee we get.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Is that how it works?

I always thought that as long as the the release figure is met then we have to accept it? The auction style bidding will be on his wages, not the fee we get.
    Yes that's how it usually works and I don't suppose for one minute our "expert" negotiators have included anything more imaginative ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Is that how it works?

Keep up! said that yesterday.

We could have sold Viktor last summer (maybe 2M?) but we gambled on him being the catalyst that helped us stay up. He did his part, many others let us down. He deserves every penny he will benefit from the low 750K-1M sale price (must be worth at least 1M per year on his wages if his agent is doing his job).

We Probably won’t set up a deal of this kind,but I have seen some clubs have a trigger clause but only if it’s activated before a certain date…thus forcing the transfer early and can get a replacement in and knowing what they have to spend on other transfers..

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast