+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: LR confidence vote

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I will explain to those that think he deserves to be the head coach next season why that is an awful idea.
    1. He is currently 6 points away from Warnes 2016/17 total (not the season total the number of points won whilst PW was manager). We all remember how horrendous that season was and LR has made this own worse.
    2. In the last 10 games we have scored in 2 of them, 8 times out of 10 we have failed to score a goal!!! Even at this stage there is NO ATTEMPT to win a game of football.
    3. The situation with players not turning up for work, that has to have something to do with him

Get someone lined up now, NOT FAT BOY and let this clown go now
    There's nothing new there.

Everyone knows that performances have been unacceptable and if he was sacked tonight then you could understand it. He has to be accountable but that doesn't absolve the players from their responsibilities.

LR inherited a squad which is nowhere near good enough for this league and he wasn't backed in January to improve that situation. We probably have 2 or 3 players of championship quality. The rest are L1 players. If you're a Rotherham United player today, either you're leaving in the summer or your confidence is shot to pieces, or both. The squad is in an absolutely dire state. Look at the bench today. Wyke and Appiah both came on because we have no other options. It's as bad as it gets.

So it's for those reasons and the fact that he's had success in L1 (albeit with a healthy budget) that some people, myself included, think he should be given a chance next season.

The players packed in a long time ago. The worry for me is that LR does not do anything about this. He should name and shame them. He wants to get us back to a Warney style team by all accounts but Im not sure he has the man management skills to do it.

We prob have about 6 or 7 players who play for the fans. Some of these are totally crap but try.

I do think LR is a bit of a coward. The clapping of the fans should be done at the end of the game not before it. Would he clap angry away fans after a 5-0 thrashing? That would take more bottle. If he cant face up to fans can he face up to awkward footy play

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    The players packed in a long time ago. The worry for me is that LR does not do anything about this. He should name and shame them. He wants to get us back to a Warney style team by all accounts but Im not sure he has the man management skills to do it.

We prob have about 6 or 7 players who play for the fans. Some of these are totally crap but try.

I do think LR is a bit of a coward. The clapping of the fans should be done at the end of the game not before it. Would he clap angry away fans after a 5-0 thrashing? That would take more bottle. If he cant face up to fans can he face up to awkward footy play
    roly, in all fairness pal, IF he came right out and said what he really felt then he would probably bring himself into disrepute with even TS. LR can show his displeasure of who he know's are crap, non trying players by shifting them all out close season. His only downside in that is we still have Hugill/Eaves here due to their contracts.

If you want to stick with LR, you deserve another season from hell.

How much evidence do you actually need?

Surely the chairman has seen enough of this dire coach but let's keep praising him to keep the thread going !!

There will be another season like this. We are off back to L2.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miller View Post
    There will be another season like this. We are off back to L2.
    Steve, we both know even TS won't let that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I will explain to those that think he deserves to be the head coach next season why that is an awful idea.
    1. He is currently 6 points away from Warnes 2016/17 total (not the season total the number of points won whilst PW was manager). We all remember how horrendous that season was and LR has made this own worse.
    2. In the last 10 games we have scored in 2 of them, 8 times out of 10 we have failed to score a goal!!! Even at this stage there is NO ATTEMPT to win a game of football.
    3. The situation with players not turning up for work, that has to have something to do with him

Get someone lined up now, NOT FAT BOY and let this clown go now
    Why not Evans? I think out of any manager who would come he would be the one to bring us success. Not guaranteed obviously but I’m not sure why you wouldn’t want him.

Who would you want?

Stewart must be struggling to sign a replacement or Richardson would have been long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Steve, we both know even TS won't let that happen.
    🤣

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast