+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: LR confidence vote

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Have we got the money to replace 18 players,18 decent players would cost.
    Well if we did lose 18 players, that’s 18 players wages we’ll be saving. Most on bigger money than we’d be offering in League One, and that’s not including any transfer fees received. And as you can only have a 25 man squad, if they weren’t replaced we’d be struggling to fill a bench even if they were all fit.

LR will be in charge at the start of next season,I am certain of that,because TS had to make an appointment after 5 weeks and he was the only one who would take the job.TS has to save face. These are the issues I have with him;
    1./ Results
    2./ Stats
    3./ Personality
    4./ Interviews

That about sums it up. I have never seen a manager before absolve so much responsibility because of what has happened before for so long! He will spend the budget for next season in the summer.He will direct the club towards ''his culture'' in the Summer.He will oversee the Parkgate friendly,the cricket match at Wicko and the meal at ''W'' blah,blah,blah. Everyone thought MT was a part pooper after the ''bobble hat'' left,but this guy makes MT look like Bernard Manning! Give him a chance but if he mentions ''since coming in the building'' one second after this season ends,then that is me done.
    Last edited by Jimmy Badfellow; 13-04-2024 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Well if we did lose 18 players, that’s 18 players wages we’ll be saving. Most on bigger money than we’d be offering in League One, and that’s not including any transfer fees received. And as you can only have a 25 man squad, if they weren’t replaced we’d be struggling to fill a bench even if they were all fit.
    Stop it with the common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    LR will be in charge at the start of next season,I am certain of that,because TS had to make an appointment after 5 weeks and he was the only one who would take the job.TS has to save face. These are the issues I have with him;
    1./ Results
    2./ Stats
    3./ Personality
    4./ Interviews

That about sums it up. I have never seen a manager before absolve so much responsibility because of what has happened before for so long! He will spend the budget for next season in the summer.He will direct the club towards ''his culture'' in the Summer.He will oversee the Parkgate friendly,the cricket match at Wicko and the meal at ''W'' blah,blah,blah. Everyone thought MT was a part pooper after the ''bobble hat'' left,but this guy makes MT look like Bernard Manning! Give him a chance but if he mentions ''since coming in the building'' one second after this season ends,then that is me done.
    Regarding points 3 and 4, I would agree, he is a bit of a closed book and doesn't do himself any favours. But neither do the interviewers help. Today for instance, he was asked what his plan is for the next 3 games. This is straight after today's match and a question which is never going to evoke anything other than a clichéd response from any manager, never mind LR.

Listen to some of Paul Warne's interviews for Derby this season. Warne will give an insight into his team selection and what they're trying to achieve on the pitch.

If LR did something similar and came out and told us his thought process behind why we're suddenly starting Nombe up-front on his own, why we're playing Revan on the right, ahead of Seriki, etc, then fans might be a bit less baffled by what's going on and feel more endeared and connected to the club and manager. It's a simple fix, not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Stop it with the common sense.
    I know, I know, I should know better by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    Regarding points 3 and 4, I would agree, he is a bit of a closed book and doesn't do himself any favours. But neither do the interviewers help. Today for instance, he was asked what his plan is for the next 3 games. This is straight after today's match and a question which is never going to evoke anything other than a clichéd response from any manager, never mind LR.

Listen to some of Paul Warne's interviews for Derby this season. Warne will give an insight into his team selection and what they're trying to achieve on the pitch.

If LR did something similar and came out and told us his thought process behind why we're suddenly starting Nombe up-front on his own, why we're playing Revan on the right, ahead of Seriki, etc, then fans might be a bit less baffled by what's going on and feel more endeared and connected to the club and manager. It's a simple fix, not rocket science.

Seriki why is he here? no better than our own young players not ready to step up to the 1st team squad. No apparently fit wide right players available.

Go Leam go, we're all behind you.

We would all be living in workhouses if we listened to the LR supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    We would all be living in workhouses if we listened to the LR supporters.
    J, chill out man. it will soon be all over and the rebuilding can begin, give the bloke a chance at least.

I would like to see your input in to who you personally see as players could enhance our team going forward.

You're so quick in rebuke, how about some positives.

Got 2 home games to get stay away season ticket holders to at least consider renewing for next season. Can't see many of them doing so if Richardson Kelly remain here. Can't see TS paying them off then having to pay another manager terms of his contract up at another club. So it's either in house with Morrison or best available out of contract manager such as Heckingbottom for the next manager.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast