+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LR confidence vote

Up to LR bringing in Wyke,I thought he should be given some time to show us what can be done.We seem to have a rather toxic atmosphere behind the scenes.Whether or not this started under Taylor or not is debatable but it clearly has worsened.It has not been good to watch and there is a lot of discontent from fans on season ticket renewals.I would be looking for a change as I am not convinced LR can repeat what he did at Wigan.Remember the team he had there cost a lot of money,our chairman will not spend a lot.The ex Barnsley manager Duff would be my choice.

NO - Not up to it, never will be

No room for sentiment or giving someone a chance in our situation; we’re not a charity or a training centre for people to resurrect their careers. We’re in a results driven business and that’s what’s been completely lacking.
    The incumbent should have done a lot better and we should have 10 or so more points than we have.

He recently complained that the players couldn’t run and weren’t fit enough but he’s been here 4 months. What a faux pas that is.

He won’t have the luxury of clearing out all the players so he has a clean slate
    because there are some on long contracts on big money even by div 1 standards and he’ll have to manage those situations. By his own admission he’s struggling with that. But that’s his primary function ….to manage

My other concern is that we,ll go in for ex Wigan players like Stephen Humphries who appears to have had one good game against us about 3 seasons ago. Charlie Wyke has set the scene already

For all we know Stewart might be tapping someone up now. But unlike last time he'll want someone nailed on before he gets shut of Richardson. Shame he didn't do it last time but he will have learned..... hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    At last, reasoned argument.
    I’d take issue with the CV. He inherited players and a lot of money (for a D1) was spent on them.
    But the rest applies.
    It is a problem.

I believe we are taking a big chance, since what is there to inspire?
    TBF to LR, his CV is way more than Wigan promotion. Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Aldershot are other places he has worked and whilst he was there all had success. Maybe he's a better number 2 than a leader?

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    caytonmiller seeing your only one on here it appears to go with my magic eye it's saying no to Richardson Kelly, Clucas also. Want to keep Rathbone that won't happen with the present management team still here next season.
    Rathbone will be here next season unless a Wrexham, Oxford, Charlton wants to splash the cash buying him. Clucas imo would make a decent holding midfielder though I'm not sure we need one.
    With rathbone, clucas, oddofin, tithe in CM. The addition of a few wide players are more important.

We're all well aware what Richardson inherited but I can only base my opinion on what I've witnessed since his arrival. A survey at the time would more than likely have identified several defects and concluded 'the building' was structurally flawed and in danger of collapse. The fact that Richardson took on the task of attempting to renovate it is commendable - or maybe he was just desperate for a return to football management - but after 4 months in charge show me one aspect, however small, where there's been improvement because I can't see it.

Yes, his record can be compared to Paul Warne's at the same stage and we'd all hope that subsequent years, if he stays, would mirror Warne's successes but try as I might I can't envisage it, even taking account of his League 1 title winning season. He doesn't instill confidence in players or fans; his 'tactics', team selections and substitutions are often baffling; performances have slumped from poor to abysmal along with the team spirit and stadium atmosphere... so it would be a great leap of faith to keep him. Or yet another cheap option.

If he is here at the start of next season all I can say is best wishes Leam and I hope you convert the doubters.

For me he is a moaner that takes no accountability for the first team and the output of that first team. It is always someones fault but never his. he blames what he inherited from MT, the medical team, the facilities (even though he has a good point there), the players (indirectly by using the "making themselves available.." statement). He says that he is accountable but his actions and words do not back that up, I get a sense of duplicity and deception from him whenever he speaks. Now he might be better than that but where is the evidence to support that assessment, what we see as an output of his work is not very impressive so far. I hope the club added an exit clause into his contract, but being the Douglas will have done it he is more likely to get an automatic extension and a new boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    For me he is a moaner that takes no accountability for the first team and the output of that first team. It is always someones fault but never his. he blames what he inherited from MT, the medical team, the facilities (even though he has a good point there), the players (indirectly by using the "making themselves available.." statement). He says that he is accountable but his actions and words do not back that up, I get a sense of duplicity and deception from him whenever he speaks. Now he might be better than that but where is the evidence to support that assessment, what we see as an output of his work is not very impressive so far. I hope the club added an exit clause into his contract, but being the Douglas will have done it he is more likely to get an automatic extension and a new boat.
    He's been going on for weeks during interviews about the state of the pitches at Roundwood and saying that improvements need to be made but never mentioned that work to upgrade the pitches was planned a year ago.In fact the work is well under way as we speak!

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    By the way, unlike stardson, I am not offering why he may have been a disaster and not proving why. Because you shouldn’t say it without proof, if things are not his fault.

But it is fair, I believe, to say there isn’t much at all that he has said and done to inspire confidence. It’s been a long time to be just to repeat yourself.

Now I am.

Lets look at it another way….faced with what may have or not gone off. What could he do or have done to provide “it’s tough, but look at this that he has said and manner of approach, he means business”?

Brin, you are totally heaping it on the players.
    Incorrect. I didn't say ALL the players and you sound like you’ve had a cucumber sandwich and, have absolutely no evidence he has divided the changing room nor have I so I’m calling you out now. Prove to us all based on YOUR evidence how, where and when he lost it all.

Over to you......don't just quote results.
    Last edited by Brin; 12-04-2024 at 02:31 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast