+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do any of you collect art or have a favourite artist?

I have a friend in London who paid quite a lot of money for a couple of original paintings over 30 years ago as a long term investment, she thought they'd appreciate and become much more valuable after the artist's death. When he hit the headlines I offered her a tenner for the pair of them, I think she was silly to have turned my offer down, they were by Rolf Harris.

On my recent cruise the ship had half a deck dedicated to some pictures in frames dotted on three walls, well over 200. In fact most cruise ships seem to have these exhibitions with hardly anyone looking at em.

There was a bloke sitting in the centre at a desk with a laptop playing card patience as most of the passengers shuffled past on their way to the many restaurants on board, including me

But I decided to stop and have a little look around this over stuffed gallery of art works. Imagine my surprise to see that framed picture after picture was not an original, not one. Everyone a PRINT. And to cap it all some of these prints were priced at well over £20,000!! One Lowrey print of some flippin stickmen hanging around a smokey factory was priced at £47,000- would you pay over the odds for a print? Seems folks are doing just that..

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    On my recent cruise the ship had half a deck dedicated to some pictures in frames dotted on three walls, well over 200. In fact most cruise ships seem to have these exhibitions with hardly anyone looking at em.

There was a bloke sitting in the centre at a desk with a laptop playing card patience as most of the passengers shuffled past on their way to the many restaurants on board, including me

But I decided to stop and have a little look around this over stuffed gallery of art works. Imagine my surprise to see that framed picture after picture was not an original, not one. Everyone a PRINT. And to cap it all some of these prints were priced at well over £20,000!! One Lowrey print of some flippin stickmen hanging around a smokey factory was priced at £47,000- would you pay over the odds for a print? Seems folks are doing just that..
    I was looking at a Paul Kenton picture last night that I liked, I have one of his from around 12 years ago that I think was about £300 or less.

This one was an original and was priced at just under £60k!😳

I was hoping to find it as a print but alas no.

The most I’ve ever paid for a painting is £2250 about 15 years ago by Duncan Macgregor, nowadays I won’t spend more than around £750 and that’s a rare occurrence now.

I think I’m going to put some Pop Art into Harrogate, it’s very vibrant and chic and extremely cheap, peanuts compared to most art.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)