+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do any of you collect art or have a favourite artist?

I’m an amateur artist, watercolours and acrylics, favourite artists include the wonderful Charles Evans, Paul Clarke and Geoff Kersey, the Irish self taught artist the late Frank Clarke was also very good

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    This is the type of stuff I have from Duncan Macgregor, boats and coastal scenes, he paints with a knife I believe.

https://images.app.goo.gl/3tXUwz76FFEm5drw5
    Nice, looks simple on the surface but the more you look the more you find.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    J M W Turner, originals… 😎 Maybe a Constable will knock on my door soon!? 🤔😜

Joking aside, I do like the aforementioned. John Martin from the same period is a favourite of mine (”Plains of heaven” eg).
    The fighting temeraire is one of my favourite paintings, turner could really do light!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    The fighting temeraire is one of my favourite paintings, turner could really do light!
    Like a lot of Turner's paintings myself. Mind you, when I went to an exhibition of his works many moons ago it was just a few of us and our art teacher who was more into Modern Art and made us laugh with his derogatory comment that seeing all these paintings together was like "walking through custard" 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    .... the Irish self taught artist the late Frank Clarke was also very good
    I use to watch this fella on RTE over here. Series ran for eight years. He was so relaxing and easy to watch that I started seriously looking at the hobby. He made it so simple.

Indeed - and the contrast between his early and late paintings is really interesting too. The late, very ”blurred” with no sharp details and amazing captures of light.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Indeed - and the contrast between his early and late paintings is really interesting too. The late, very ”blurred” with no sharp details and amazing captures of light.
    He was basically blind then Thomas, yes able to portray such beauty.

Think my childhood beer mat and football pennant collection might still be in the loft somewhere. I've no real need for art as the wife's a piece of work in her own right. You can all take that how you like....... she definitely would 😆 😆 😂 .

He was basically blind then Thomas, yes able to portray such beauty.
    I know, very impressive, and he was also throughout his career so productive but maintaining high quality all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Think my childhood beer mat and football pennant collection might still be in the loft somewhere. I've no real need for art as the wife's a piece of work in her own right. You can all take that how you like....... she definitely would 😆 😆 😂 .
    🤣🤣🤣

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)