+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Reading

Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
    We are an absolute shambles defensively. As a whole unit we can’t even do the basics. We need to make sure that Pines is fit for next season and also bring in another big unit who can play when/if Pines isn’t fit.

No idea what Cole was doing with that fancy flick, just put it in.

Jalo looked a bit off the pace for me until his goal and then looked a different player. Would’ve been great if his other effort on goal went in for the winner.

O’Keeffe played well I thought when he was on the right. Then, for some daft reason, Collins had to bring Cotter on which meant swapping O’Keeffe over to the left where he was pretty ineffectual. Then had to take him off. Don’t really get why those decisions were made if I’m honest.
    I agree with everything you have said especially your comment about Okeefe who I had down as my man of the match until mad Baz was brought on which resulted in Okeefe being put out on the left where he began to struggle & we had to bring another defender on to sort the problem , a waste of a substitution , regarding the defence I am lost for words , collectively they are shocking , absolutely no strength in the air and so predictable but we ground out a point which in the grand scheme of things could be ***** if they are going to give themselves a chance of making the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
    We are an absolute shambles defensively. As a whole unit we can’t even do the basics. We need to make sure that Pines is fit for next season and also bring in another big unit who can play when/if Pines isn’t fit.

No idea what Cole was doing with that fancy flick, just put it in.

Jalo looked a bit off the pace for me until his goal and then looked a different player. Would’ve been great if his other effort on goal went in for the winner.

O’Keeffe played well I thought when he was on the right. Then, for some daft reason, Collins had to bring Cotter on which meant swapping O’Keeffe over to the left where he was pretty ineffectual. Then had to take him off. Don’t really get why those decisions were made if I’m honest.
    Cole has a propensity to do fancy flicks when a good bloody kick was all it needs. He had time to take a kick. Chose to flick. The O Keefe sub I commented on at the time…… What the heck goes through this fellas mind with subs?
    Jalo in the shop window now.

Mindboggling from Collins today regarding O'Keefe who was probably having his best game in a red shirt .

Fair result overall I thought with both teams missing chances .

A game we could have won but equally lost too .

I really haven't much else to add that's not already been mentioned other than if we lose the next two games it could be all to play for on the final day .

Silence from the manager post game speaks volumes. ……. He is obviously taking a leaf out of JAQ’s book and adopting the “hear all, see all, say nowt “ approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Silence from the manager post game speaks volumes. ……. He is obviously taking a leaf out of JAQ’s book and adopting the “hear all, see all, say nowt “ approach.
    To be fair to Collins I think he does right , its open season on him at the moment whilst inept players and a clueless board room are given an easier ride , we are somehow still in with a chance of the play offs & despite all the criticism he must take some credit for that .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    To be fair to Collins I think he does right , its open season on him at the moment whilst inept players and a clueless board room are given an easier ride , we are somehow still in with a chance of the play offs & despite all the criticism he must take some credit for that .

Agree. Collins being given a bad time by the fans despite doing a good job. If the board had signed better replacement defenders in the summer then we would've had a chance of winning this division. It p1sses me off how some of our fans can't see that yet Collins is the scapegoat.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Agree. Collins being given a bad time by the fans despite doing a good job. If the board had signed better replacement defenders in the summer then we would've had a chance of winning this division. It p1sses me off how some of our fans can't see that yet Collins is the scapegoat.
    I agree Pass to a point but he hasn't helped himself either in my opinion .

The starting line-up up at Burton recently and I thought it was bizarre when he firstly shifted O'Keefe over to LWB and then took him off .

Not so much the scapegoat with me but it's hard not to criticise Collins either with such decisions .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I agree Pass to a point but he hasn't helped himself either in my opinion .

The starting line-up up at Burton recently and I thought it was bizarre when he firstly shifted O'Keefe over to LWB and then took him off .

Not so much the scapegoat with me but it's hard not to criticise Collins either with such decisions .

I get that Animal but it's part and parcel of being a head coach, the supporters aren't always going to agree with certain decisions.

As I said, I think certain sections of the supporters are making noises that aren't entirely justified in regard to the team Collins was given. I find it bizarre to hear chants against a manager with the team lying 5th in the table. I find it equally bizarre hearing chants like ' Your football is shyte, your football is shyte, Neil Collins, your football is shyte' when the team are trying to pass the ball on the deck and play the game in the correct manner. Have I missed summat or is passing football not what fans want to see anymore? I can't understand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12