+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: End Of IFollow

... if Sky Head Oofice was on fire I would dial 998. They've killed/are killing the game ... bar-stewards ...

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Wonder how many of our games will have changed kick off times? Hopefully not many.
    Given that there are only 552 League 2 matches each season and 248 of them will be on Sky, that means that 44.9% of all our games will not kick off at 3pm on a Saturday. This is based on the target of supposedly more even distribution of matches across all clubs. Of course, after FA Cup Round 3 date I suspect that they will be more choosy as to who they show. So maybe more or less for us depending where we are in the table.
    Anyway, this suggests that only around 12 or 13 of our home matches and 12 or 13 of our away matches will be kicking off at 3pm Saturday.
    The rest will be probably 12-30 or 5-30 Saturdays or anytime Sundays or perhaps Friday or Monday nights as well as the other mid-week games.
    Something to think about when buying your season ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    iFollow/club streaming services will cease to offer domestic live video coverage of EFL matches.
    From my perspective key is in the word domestic.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Given that there are only 552 League 2 matches each season and 248 of them will be on Sky, that means that 44.9% of all our games will not kick off at 3pm on a Saturday. This is based on the target of supposedly more even distribution of matches across all clubs. Of course, after FA Cup Round 3 date I suspect that they will be more choosy as to who they show. So maybe more or less for us depending where we are in the table.
    Anyway, this suggests that only around 12 or 13 of our home matches and 12 or 13 of our away matches will be kicking off at 3pm Saturday.
    The rest will be probably 12-30 or 5-30 Saturdays or anytime Sundays or perhaps Friday or Monday nights as well as the other mid-week games.
    The deal from Sky must be calculated to cover the season ticket losses as it’s probably guaranteed a percentage of people, when they hear about the likelihood that just under half of the games don’t kick off at 3pm on a Saturday any more…they will think long and hard about the season ticket and does it mean with ‘normal life’ plans anymore?
    We’re conditioned to 3pm Saturday for most games. Take this away and it’ll create issues for more than a few people I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    From my perspective key is in the word domestic.
    Like it or not, if the current understanding is correct regards this new deal…the potential for ‘dodgy firestick’ deals on iptv will go up a lot. Especially if the amount of games covered on Sky is smaller for us and all people end up with is Rectum on tv every week and cameras searching crowds for film stars.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Like it or not, if the current understanding is correct regards this new deal…the potential for ‘dodgy firestick’ deals on iptv will go up a lot. Especially if the amount of games covered on Sky is smaller for us and all people end up with is Rectum on tv every week and cameras searching crowds for film stars.
    Sky wont bother with the international rights as there won't be much money in it so I am sure that iFollow will continue for us lot abroad for sure. All it is is a camera and BBC commentary anyway it's pretty basic, no full package like Sky with everything analysed to death. If it doesn't then I guess I will have to pursue the "dodgy firestick" option! From what I saw when I was in the UK last month every second person has one of these so called "dodgy firesticks".

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Is that right, I'm not sure it is?

Here's what's happening:

Each League weekend fixture round will see 10 live EFL fixtures shown
    Five matches in the Sky Bet Championship
    Five from Sky Bet League One and League Two

So probably only 2 or 3 from our division each week.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Is that right, I'm not sure it is?

Here's what's happening:

So probably only 2 or 3 from our division each week.
    I think it has to be five each.

From the Atlantic:

A total of 1,059 matches will be broadcast – a record number of games for any club football agreement.

This will be made up of 328 from the Championship and 248 from both League One and League Two, plus all 15 play-off matches.

All 93 Carabao Cup matches and all 127 EFL Trophy matches will also be shown live for the first time.

League 2 has a total of 552 matches a year, so 248 is almost half. And it is only possible to get to the 1,059 figure by taking 248 for League 1 and 248 for League 2.

https://theathletic.com/5410274/2024...roadcast-deal/

I don’t believe KO times will change like some on here are predicting. With the exception of the odd game specifically chosen by Sky to cover.
    Sky will fundamentally do what Ifollow does now and cover games not in the Saturday 3pm blackout.
    Notts have played around 12/13 games this way with midweek games (not counting Friday games v Salford & Stockport)

Quote Originally Posted by OchPie View Post
    I think it has to be five each.

From the Atlantic:

A total of 1,059 matches will be broadcast – a record number of games for any club football agreement.

This will be made up of 328 from the Championship and 248 from both League One and League Two, plus all 15 play-off matches.

All 93 Carabao Cup matches and all 127 EFL Trophy matches will also be shown live for the first time.

League 2 has a total of 552 matches a year, so 248 is almost half. And it is only possible to get to the 1,059 figure by taking 248 for League 1 and 248 for League 2.

https://theathletic.com/5410274/2024...roadcast-deal/
    This is directly from the EFL though:

So 5 + 5=10 and it says 10 live matches in total. So I still don't understand how it can be 5 matches from league 2 or how it can be nearly half of our matches. Am I being thick (probably)?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast