+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: End Of IFollow

Judging by the way they deal with the premiership I would expect the 5 weekend games for leagues 1 and 2 to be an early and late game on Saturday and three games on Sunday. The additional games required to make up the total number to be covered would be any moved to Friday or Monday evenings, also when there is a full complement of games midweek they will probably show all of them as iFollow does now. So its is likely that a number of Notts weekend fixtures will be changed from the 3pm Saturday slot.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    This is directly from the EFL though:

Each League weekend fixture round will see 10 live EFL fixtures shown
    Five matches in the Sky Bet Championship
    Five from Sky Bet League One and League Two

So 5 + 5=10 and it says 10 live matches in total. So I still don't understand how it can be 5 matches from league 2 or how it can be nearly half of our matches. Am I being thick (probably)?
    I think the ten is JUST weekend games. Midweek games are on top.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Is that right, I'm not sure it is?

Here's what's happening:

Each League weekend fixture round will see 10 live EFL fixtures shown
    Five matches in the Sky Bet Championship
    Five from Sky Bet League One and League Two

So probably only 2 or 3 from our division each week.
    Your understanding is correct here cher.
    If 2 and then 3 matches are shown every weekend then over a 36 weekend season that would account for 90 of Skys’ 248 games. The rest would have to be midweek.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/may/ef...hts-agreement/

So between 3 and 4 of our Saturday home games will take place at a time other than 3pm. 14 or 15 games at 3pm and not the 12 or 13 that I had suggested. Similarly for away games. Half of those TV weekend games will kick off at 12:30 on a Saturday. No mention of the other half. Of course none of this includes the possibility that other matches may have to be moved to accommodate Forest.
    The above link is excellent in answering many questions. Including the fact that that each club will feature approximately 16 times a season. Although none of these will include Radio Nottingham commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Your understanding is correct here cher.
    If 2 and then 3 matches are shown every weekend then over a 36 weekend season that would account for 90 of Skys’ 248 games. The rest would have to be midweek.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/may/ef...hts-agreement/

So between 3 and 4 of our Saturday home games will take place at a time other than 3pm. 14 or 15 games at 3pm and not the 12 or 13 that I had suggested. Similarly for away games. Half of those TV weekend games will kick off at 12:30 on a Saturday. No mention of the other half. Of course none of this includes the possibility that other matches may have to be moved to accommodate Forest.
    The above link is excellent in answering many questions. Including the fact that that each club will feature approximately 16 times a season. Although none of these will include Radio Nottingham commentary.
    I finally waded through that EFL statement, and this line stood out:

“League One and League Two clubs will be live approximately 16 times per season.”

This will also include midweek games, but you’d have to assume we will be playing fewer 3pm Saturday games next season - especially if we have a successful season.

Did anyone else get a cancellation email from iFollow the other day? Don’t know what that means, but I’d be surprised if the service continues just for overseas subscribers as the numbers can’t be big enough to justify that.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I finally waded through that EFL statement, and this line stood out:

“League One and League Two clubs will be live approximately 16 times per season.”

This will also include midweek games, but you’d have to assume we will be playing fewer 3pm Saturday games next season - especially if we have a successful season.

Did anyone else get a cancellation email from iFollow the other day? Don’t know what that means, but I’d be surprised if the service continues just for overseas subscribers as the numbers can’t be big enough to justify that.
    The last part of the paragraph below seems to suggest international audiences might still be able to view coverage in some fashion, bit vague though as to how......

"Will matches still be available to watch via iFollow, or Clubs’ alternative streaming services?

From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services
    Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences."

So the short and tall of it is we may get a couple of games broadcast per season? Well thanks for that EFL, wonder how much Sky paid for killing off that competitor?
    Currently I can't get any radio commentary (everywhere I look it says not available on the internet) so they have effectively cut me off from watching or hearing about the team I have supported for over 60 years?
    Edit: “League One and League Two clubs will be live approximately 16 times per season.” or does that mean each L1 and L2 team will be live 16 times per season?
    Last edited by SmiffyPie; 23-04-2024 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    So the short and tall of it is we may get a couple of games broadcast per season? Well thanks for that EFL, wonder how much Sky paid for killing off that competitor?
    Currently I can't get any radio commentary (everywhere I look it says not available on the internet) so they have effectively cut me off from watching or hearing about the team I have supported for over 60 years?
    Edit: “League One and League Two clubs will be live approximately 16 times per season.” or does that mean each L1 and L2 team will be live 16 times per season?
    Yes. Each club 16 matches home and away combined. Not sure if you will be able to buy it internationally though. PiesPlayer might be reinstated for audio coverage???
    I suppose one knock on effect of all this is that BBC radio will lose a source of income from iPlayer that it must get now. Given the funding difficulties that the BBC are experiencing, might that put any of the radio broadcasts in jeopardy?

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Yes. Each club 16 matches home and away combined. Not sure if you will be able to buy it internationally though. PiesPlayer might be reinstated for audio coverage???
    I suppose one knock on effect of all this is that BBC radio will lose a source of income from iPlayer that it must get now. Given the funding difficulties that the BBC are experiencing, might that put any of the radio broadcasts in jeopardy?
    It was up to the clubs to use the local radio commentary. Clubs could provide in house commentary if they'd have liked, it just wouldn't make any sense

Anyone know if we'll be able to pay to watch these Sky broadcasts on a per-game basis? Don't want to shell out for a subscription, especially to Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Anyone know if we'll be able to pay to watch these Sky broadcasts on a per-game basis? Don't want to shell out for a subscription, especially to Sky.
    There's probably lots of options depending on what you might have in terms of broadband package already, but like yourself I don't want to be tied into a complicated Sky deal, I'm tempted to go through Now TV (which is still part of Sky though), link here with an offer on at the moment, also a 24hr package:

https://www.nowtv.com/sports-purchase

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast