+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Edinburgh City

Edinburgh City

No excuses Marvin, - you need to set up your team to beat City.

Why am I actually nervous about this game ? We definitely need to win as both Annan & Stirling still have to play them also.

If we cannot win this game then we deserve to be relegated. For God's sake we are a full time team so show it today and settle some of the nerves during this squeaky bum time.

We are all nervous, - because Edinburgh City could beat Queens.

Lewis Gibson with 2 assists after coming on as a substitute. No surprise really.

McKechnie is hopeless and only Bartley the bully boy knows why he starts before Gibbo.

Totally dominated today's game and a very welcome three points. A win away to Stirling would be more than likely to keep us safe but for a full time team in this division this is not good enough and changes for next season are required.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Totally dominated today's game and a very welcome three points. A win away to Stirling would be more than likely to keep us safe but for a full time team in this division this is not good enough and changes for next season are required.
    At one time we would say we were the best part time team in Scotland, playing in the championship and more than holding our own and shouting the fact from the roof tops. Correct me if I am wrong but we are now the worst full time team in Scotland and fighting relegation from league 1 and nothing is being said about it

I was really worried in the first half with a lack of urgency and lack of care of the ball especially when we have worked some space in the final third.
    The manager is really hurting us with his team selection. There are 3 or 4 positions where the starting 11 have little evidence of why they are starting at least 2 of them glaringly so.
    Credit for eventually taking the 3 points. Credit to Lewis for the delivery for both goals. An 18 year old making something happen and taking responsibility instead of just hoping something comes of.
    Edinburgh were gutsy and competed all game. The number 11 must have been caught offside about 10 times.
    Good to have Brydon back a great competitor. I thought Cammy Logan put a lot into the game again. Well done to Jay Burns making his league debut.
    Onto Stirling.

Sadly, you are correct Fatfan. However, regardless, we have 3 exceptionally important games, starting against Stirling away next Saturday.
    I believe that Annan will save themselves, and even if they were to finish 2nd bottom, they will be too hot to handle in the play - off. The same cannot be said of Queens, so we must avoid that dreadful play off at all costs.
    So tempting as it is to question the competence of our manager, our fate is in his hands, so I for one will back off and pray that he delivers us safely to play in Division one again..........that is how desperate the situation is.

I can't believe we are patting ourselves on the back for beating a team with only 5pts. That's the sad position we are currently in.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)