+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: League Two Agents' Fees

League Two Agents' Fees

Courtesy of 'TheSportsDeckUK' on XFKAT (Can't seem to enlarge it I'm afraid!)

FGR's spending a distant second place to Wrexham

Last edited by SwalePie; 12-04-2024 at 05:54 PM.

A bit bigger for those who don't do x or haven't been to specsavers (other opticians are available) recently

Handily £2.4 m shared among 24 clubs is £100k each so we are a above average, way behind big spenders falling 8th in the table, which is not where we are in the league, so metrics would say not good value for money.

Name:  GK-OxvKXgAEsGwr.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  85.5 KB

For a dramatic bit of perspective, Chelsea are top of the Premier League table with a record £75m spend on agents' fees!

Another bit of perspective, Crewe are bottom of the agent fees table but fifth in the league table and have a 98.5% of making the playoffs.

I think our performance is poor, if the radar is based on finding cheap talent why have we spent so much on agent's fees?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Another bit of perspective, Crewe are bottom of the agent fees table but fifth in the league table and have a 98.5% of making the playoffs.

I think our performance is poor, if the radar is based on finding cheap talent why have we spent so much on agent's fees?
    I think it is more complex than that and its actually very hard to work out if we have got good value or not.

1. Depends on fee per player and which player

2. A lot of the fees for players in our squad will not have been paid this season

3. Depending on the sell on ( or not) fees for each player has to be measured as well.

Far from as simple as saying a club has spent X on fees and sits in Y in the table. I have no idea which fees are good value or not. But Wrexham have spent a lot but will be in L1 next season. Forest Green have spent a lot ( which surprises me for a club with so called ethical values) and will be non league.

To add balance we were coming up from a lower league so it is resonable to expect we would need to do more. Yes we should have done better but it is not clear that it is the radar element that caused the issue, I would suspect it is more the managerial change, not only the change of manager but the uncertainty caused by this.

I would imagine McGoldrick's agent would command a hefty fee. McGoldrick may have lowered his demands but I bet his agent wouldn't. Also, would Jatta's deal be involved in this data? It wouldn't be just his agent, but all the legal fees involved with his visa and such. It's not just the case of pay a lot on agents, get top quality, it all depends on the player and the deal

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I would imagine McGoldrick's agent would command a hefty fee. McGoldrick may have lowered his demands but I bet his agent wouldn't. Also, would Jatta's deal be involved in this data? It wouldn't be just his agent, but all the legal fees involved with his visa and such. It's not just the case of pay a lot on agents, get top quality, it all depends on the player and the deal
    Does he have an agent ? Rumours were he does deals on his own.

As for the agent fees we might be high but wage bills go towards the budget too and it’s common knowledge our budget is 10-12th which Sky mentioned on one of our games and confirmed kinda at the fans forum.

You could say we should finish top half which is unlikely with the budget but what isn’t factored in is we have three players out for the season which doesn’t happen to most teams and two of them are key players and Bajami a good squad player.