+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Seaon ticket price increase

Seaon ticket price increase

I'm seeimg a lot of complaining on social media about the 5% increase.

Can somebody explain the problem here? I'm not trying to be one of these 'the club can do no wrong' fans but, seriously, why are folk up in arms?

Prices of, well, everything, go up all the time-including season tickets at, I'd imagine, every club. I know, in the great scheme of our owners' wealth, that 5% is a drop in the ocean to them but a significant chunk of money to fans, but we're not immune to price rises. Players' wages, staff wages, operating costs-everything goes up but fans expect what they pay to stay the same/.

I'm not sure I get it-especially the way income is directly linked to what the club can spend.

So what am I missing here?

You aren't missing anything Zip, except that some people will moan about anything.

They only need to look at what the "super six" are charging their so called fans, and consider themselves lucky that the price our club charges is moderate by those standards.

"I think we need a bigger boat!"

We need to get the stadium expanded to increase the revenue to ensure that the core fan base don't get priced out.

I say this over and over. The Premier League is the success it is due to the insane atmospheres at the stadiums like Bournemouth, Villa Park, Anfield, Goodison Park, Turf Moore & obviously Saint James' Park.

Without those who have carried the weight of their institutions on their shoulder, screamed their lungs out home and away to support their teams & supported them financially through thick and thin the game is nothing.

Remember Covid matches on TV, shocking! Absolutely god awful.

Whilst I fully understand the commercial development is needed to boast revenue to compete at the top end of the league there has to be access to the next generation & the bonny lads and lasses who pull on the famous Black and White strip shirts on a Tuesday to gan down the shops.

The core of the fan base needs to come along on this journey or we will lose the very identity of the club.

A 5% increase is nothing. Judging by the demand, they could’ve hiked the price much more and still filled the ground. Also, as Zip said, it would've helped with FFP too.
    The fact they haven’t is a present to the real fans.

Increase matches the inflation rate. Fans should blame Sunak and his bankster buddies for that.

I don't understand either.

Everything, everywhere has gone up - 5% is minimal compared to most clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I don't understand either.

Everything, everywhere has gone up - 5% is minimal compared to most clubs.
    If fans aren’t happy then don’t renew,simple, there would be plenty willing to take it off your hands!

Forest season tickets prices up by between 28% (adult) and 111% (child).
    Source: BBC

I wonder what the tw*ts on twitter have to say about that?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)