+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    It's not up for debate gru, you CANNOT plan for the lottery. You can believe what you want but you're wrong and you're wasting your time with your system, it won't improve your chance of winning one bit. I only have lucky dips if I do the lottery and I've won loads of times.

By saying you can't win on lucky dips you're implying it's fixed? So why on earth would you play a lottery that you thought was fixed?

I never pay for a lucky dip, wouldn't. Only get free ones should do away with them they are a waste of time. You can have systems in place for the lotto will give you more chance than going totally on luck.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I never pay for a lucky dip, wouldn't. Only get free ones should do away with them they are a waste of time. You can have systems in place for the lotto will give you more chance than going totally on luck.
    You've made two points in that post and both are wrong.

1. The odds of a lucky dip winning are identical to numbers that you've chosen yourself.
    2. A system will give you no more chance of winning than not having a system.

You've made two points in that post and both are wrong.

1. The odds of a lucky dip winning are identical to numbers that you've chosen yourself.
    2. A system will give you no more chance of winning than not having a system.

If it was just lucky dips I wouldn't have a go. At least I get something back my way.

If it was just lucky dips I wouldn't have a go. At least I get something back my way.
    53% of winning lottery tickets are lucky dips.

Are you saying the lottery is fixed then?

Ignore that last question gru, I don't actually care. I've got better things to do.

Ignore that last question gru, I don't actually care. I've got better things to do.
    Buying a lucky dip by chance

It's not.

It is possible to (not massively) impact your chances of winning - if you have faith in probability. It is also possible to maximise the chance that you win more by playing a certain way.

However... the overall impact of playing that way is so negligible that it's practically meaningless unless you're sticking serious cash in.

Sharing your logic won't impact your own chances of winning, so I'm sure Gru will go into detail soon enough.

Apologies, just seen what I think is the system.

I've got my regular lines I put on that's what I've won most on, won that £230 on recently. My biggest win just over £2,,300 was on them both on Wednesday draw. My other lines I change number or numbers on if they're drawn out previous draw.
    Stick to the same, and change numbers frequently. Seems legit.

They always seem to have at least one number that was drawn out the previous draw so law of averages say it very much limits their chances of being drawn out straight away again the next draw.
    A.K.A. gambler's fallacy. It's similar logic to saying if Man Utd let me down last time, they won't this weekend.

You need some plan it's no good going in blindly.
    Although you can go in blindly and call it a plan. This might be my favourite Gruism.

53% of winning lottery tickets are lucky dips.

Are you saying the lottery is fixed then?

Pools you picked your own selections out. I gamble my own way horses same. I'm no tech expert but it's electronically how they draw numbers out so can it be set how numbers are drawn out? Can set most things now how they work by technology.

Pools you picked your own selections out. I gamble my own way horses same. I'm no tech expert but it's electronically how they draw numbers out so can it be set how numbers are drawn out? Can set most things now how they work by technology.

Didn't work right with the Horizon technology

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast