+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harvey Barnes v James Maddison

Harvey Barnes v James Maddison

On a value for money basis. No contest.

We certainly got the better of those deals.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    On a value for money basis. No contest.

We certainly got the better of those deals.
    Nah...that's a tough call.

Can't really judge until next season as Harvey has generally been injured.

Based on this season the Maddison wins.

Not impressed with Maddison’s play nor attitude today. Crying for a yellow having just escaped a ‘nailed on’ one himself.

Attitude wise he's always been crap - no surprise to see that on show today.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Not impressed with Maddison’s play nor attitude today. Crying for a yellow having just escaped a ‘nailed on’ one himself.
    Aye, he's a gooby, whiny little shite. Capable of very good things but doesn't seem to be one who digs in when it gets tough?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, he's a gooby, whiny little shite. Capable of very good things but doesn't seem to be one who digs in when it gets tough?
    Him and Tielemans were a disgrace when Leicester were in relegation trouble. I’ve seen more fight from a beached jellyfish.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Him and Tielemans were a disgrace when Leicester were in relegation trouble. I’ve seen more fight from a beached jellyfish.
    Aye, he seems to be another player who hides when the game isn't going his way.

I might be wrong but it's certainly the impression I get from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Attitude wise he's always been crap - no surprise to see that on show today.
    Yon man, Maddison, always struck me as a proper show pony.

Harvey is class. Better than I thought. I didn't really see much of him at Leicester. Obviously looked a that the stats. Good end product but to watch the lad play he's brilliant. Direct, controlled, head on a swivel. Genuine quality! The toe injury was a bizarre one, not muscle or recurring like Wilson for example.

Delighted to see we've got Barnes and Gordon on long term contracts. In the summer we need to add one more quality winger, at least, give Minteh a shot during Pre-Season to prove he can step up. Keep Murphy, Miggy moves on.

I recon that would give us a strength in depth on the flanks with Willock, Joelinton & Anderson all above to cover the left flank allowing Gordon to offer an additioanl offer out wide on the right.

Slowly getting to that point where we have 2, 3 quality players of depth in those positions.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Nah...that's a tough call.

Can't really judge until next season as Harvey has generally been injured.

Based on this season the Maddison wins.
    It doesn't go by Southgate automatically selecting Maddison, proving Maddison is better than he appears. Look how long he neglected selecting Gordon until the pressure was on him, or how he keeps on selecting McGuire who wasn't a regular club starter, or other of his many odd selections.

When fit, Barnes has been brilliant on the short showing we have had of him, where as Maddison is hardly pulling up trees at Spuds.

I certainly wouldn't swap Barnes for Maddison, not in a 100 years.

I was never keen on Maddison when we were linked.

I'm so glad hes not a newcastle player.

Hes attitude wouldnt fit. And hes skille are overhyped. Mediocre footballer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)