+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deadly striker-JayRod

Deadly striker-JayRod

The woman commentating on today`s game said when JayRod was brought on that "although he does not have the pace of Fofana he is still a deadly striker”.
    I literally fell out of my armchair laughing.He has not been deadly for about 4 seasons FFS.Talk about BS.

I'd start him any day of the week instead of either Fofana or Foster. And "No!" I am not joking.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'd start him any day of the week instead of either Fofana or Foster. And "No!" I am not joking.
    Please give your head a shake

He’s been a good player for us and he loves Burnley - however he’s miles of the pace of football at this level.

Whilst i admire your loyalty to a lad who loves Burnley please get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Please give your head a shake

He’s been a good player for us and he loves Burnley - however he’s miles of the pace of football at this level.

Whilst i admire your loyalty to a lad who loves Burnley please get a grip.
    After yesterday Jay Rod and Benson must start at Sheffield. Foster was an embarrassment and Fofana not much better.

After yesterday Jay Rod and Benson must start at Sheffield. Foster was an embarrassment and Fofana not much better.
    I’m a little bit worried about you with posts like this one.

Jay rod is miles of the pace of premiership football and is going to retire I’d imagine or play at a lower level - Benson has not given any indication to me that he could play 90 minutes at this level and contribute ie get up and down for the team tackle and track a man as well as get past a man and deliver ball.

Yesterday was a poor game ( both teams ) but the root of our problems are scoring goals ( we try and walk it in )

Interestingly I watched rovers at Leeds and their centre forward looks like just what we need ( a Danny Ings type player ) played off a foster for example I think would excel

That is two matches in a row Fofana has missed open goals from 2 yards out.strange thing is he laughs himself after he has missed them.Do we scour the entire planet for players who cannot hit a cow`s arse with a banjo?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    That is two matches in a row Fofana has missed open goals from 2 yards out.strange thing is he laughs himself after he has missed them.Do we scour the entire planet for players who cannot hit a cow`s arse with a banjo?
    Chelsea paid about £10 million for Fofana, we paid about about the same for Foster, I'm in the wrong job CiB I should have been a football scout, it's money for old rope.

Lets be honest Jay Rod is not and never has been a No 9.

What Jay will do his work his socks of for the club and give his all unlike Fofana and Foster, who don't look interested.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jay given a start at Sheffield and letting Benson have some game time. It's crazy putting your striker out wide when you have signed 8 wingers in the summer transfer window What does tell you about last summers transfer window?

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    Lets be honest Jay Rod is not and never has been a No 9.

What Jay will do his work his socks of for the club and give his all unlike Fofana and Foster, who don't look interested.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jay given a start at Sheffield and letting Benson have some game time. It's crazy putting your striker out wide when you have signed 8 wingers in the summer transfer window What does tell you about last summers transfer window?
    That it was a complete waste of money the club does not have.Can anybody hand on heart say that any of last summers signings look PL standard?

Berge, he's a different class.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)