+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deadly striker-JayRod

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Berge, he's a different class.
    Yes I would agree BT.Nobody else though.

Let’s not forget that it was JayRod who scored within seconds against Sheffield United back in December. In the right place at the right time and did not f*ck up from one metre out. I am with BT, start him, let him work his socks off, as he does, then substitute him. Against Everton he made two defensive blocks that I can recall.

Berge has improved and looks more like a PL player. I think for some teams Cullen will be attractive. Hard working, reliable player. Odobert is attracting plaudits. After that, singularly unimpressive is my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Let’s not forget that it was JayRod who scored within seconds against Sheffield United back in December. In the right place at the right time and did not f*ck up from one metre out. I am with BT, start him, let him work his socks off, as he does, then substitute him. Against Everton he made two defensive blocks that I can recall.

Berge has improved and looks more like a PL player. I think for some teams Cullen will be attractive. Hard working, reliable player. Odobert is attracting plaudits. After that, singularly unimpressive is my view.
    The Blades like us are hardly a PL team though Swiss.Cullen is a bit lightweight for the PL and Odabert looks promising but always seems to lose the ball in the end or send his shot off target.For me only Berge has proved to be PL standard.

We won't need to worry anymore about Jay Rod until next season when he lines up against us for Stoke City.

Good luck to the lad, Kompany has treated him shabbily.

We won't need to worry anymore about Jay Rod until next season when he lines up against us for Stoke City.

Good luck to the lad, Kompany has treated him shabbily.
    You must all be watching a different jay to me - he looks slow and off the pace at this level - it’s not a slur on him but just not quite there At this level imo anyway.

I’m not quite sure what everyone wants on here

Which players should we have signed for 5-10 million a piece that would have ripped the Premiership up.

The get rid of both goalkeepers is also ridiculous imo , the problems lie elsewhere for me.

Premier players is all of them as they’re playing in this league, but if we had to pick an odd one or two I’d go Koleosho - odebert - Berge - cullen - Trafford - Muric - Beyer ( we’ve missed ) Taylor

People talk on here negatively all the time it becomes a bit tedious tbh.

As for Saturday a question I would ask is why did our centre backs have to play up at the half way line the whole game - fortunately they didn’t exploit the fact that both centre backs raced forward and left a hole that wellbeck/ forwards could go Into all the game.( don’t know who’s tactic that was but it was naive imo anyway). We could have got murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    You must all be watching a different jay to me - he looks slow and off the pace at this level - it’s not a slur on him but just not quite there At this level imo anyway.

I’m not quite sure what everyone wants on here

Which players should we have signed for 5-10 million a piece that would have ripped the Premiership up.

The get rid of both goalkeepers is also ridiculous imo , the problems lie elsewhere for me.

Premier players is all of them as they’re playing in this league, but if we had to pick an odd one or two I’d go Koleosho - odebert - Berge - cullen - Trafford - Muric - Beyer ( we’ve missed ) Taylor

People talk on here negatively all the time it becomes a bit tedious tbh.

As for Saturday a question I would ask is why did our centre backs have to play up at the half way line the whole game - fortunately they didn’t exploit the fact that both centre backs raced forward and left a hole that wellbeck/ forwards could go Into all the game.( don’t know who’s tactic that was but it was naive imo anyway). We could have got murdered.
    I don't think we are negative at all army88.

In anybody's book this has been a crap season all round.

We just do not get the rub of the green and some of VK's team selections defy belief to me (and a good few others).

Jay off to Stoke?

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Jay off to Stoke?
    Nailed on by all accounts.

I don't think we are negative at all army88.

In anybody's book this has been a crap season all round.

We just do not get the rub of the green and some of VK's team selections defy belief to me (and a good few others).
    Be honest BT - read the posts that people put it’s like we can just magic 50-100 million pound players for 5 million and expect us to turn up day one and compete, there are lots of ways to play the game as we know as we survived for several seasons playing differently to now.

I’m just interested where all these players that everyone else has in their heads come from - yes we have players who have flaws in their games but if they didn’t they wouldn’t be playing here at Burnley.

I think Berge is a decent footballer but he’s flat footed and has no pace when chasing opposing players - other wise he’d potentially be a 30-40 million pound player.

I’ve had this on here before Mcneil got slated on here and yet he still
    Plys his trade at the highest level of football - but for us he wasn’t good enough ( I’m told )

Josh Brownhill now - last 2 season wolves - West Ham amongst other s wanted him and apparently do again yet we think he’s not good enough ( I will say I’m a bit disappointed in Josh’s performances this season )
    However he must have something

Brownhill should be starting every game imo. If he is going backwards like several other shave done we have to ask why.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)