+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Match Ratings vs. Walsall

Crap goalkeeping then if true, was in away so couldn't tell

Quote Originally Posted by LeftPeg_Pie View Post
    Only watched today on iFollow.

LAH - 6 - Didn’t have too many saves to make. Distribution sometimes suspect, looked uncomfortable when Walsall had their 20 minutes after HT.

Macari - 7.5 - Remember him making one misplaced pass. Solid and reliable again.

Baldwin - 7 - Looked solid. Don’t remember any heart-in-mouth moments. Progressed it well when he had the chance.

Cameron - 6.5 - Generally solid but made two mistakes, one cost us a goal and one should have BUT he made an excellent recovery.

Bostock - 7.5 - Thought he was excellent. Ticked us over and passed forward to good effect. Looks fit and easily one of our best players.

Nemane - 7.5 - Again very good. Superb goal. I think he is doing excellently when he comes inside and plays a sort of ‘inverted wing back’. Didn’t think he had that in him.

Crowley - 7.5 - Excellent again. So good on the ball. Love the way he moves with it. Oozes class.

Austin - 6.5 - Industrious as ever. Thought he was wasteful in possession first half. Always deserves a goal.

Jones - 7 - Always a threat. Clearly a cut above.

Langstaff - 7 - Worked hard as always. Even though it wasn’t far out, took his goal expertly. Can’t help but think we should savour the last three games of the season with him.

Jatta - 7 - Did superbly for the opening goal. Looks sharp now he’s had a run of games. Fashioned himself an opening really well late on in the first half. Does his doggies. Will turn out to be a bit of a gem.

Maynard - 7 - First half was an absolutely text book away from home 45 minutes. Looked far too open through the middle in the second half; surprised it took him so long to bring JOB on; seems to be a favourite sub for him. 100% deserved win.

Difficult to know if this is classic ‘pressure off’ football but they all seem like they’re motivated and have a bit of confidence back. Never brought into the ‘footballers don’t care’ fallacy. But they’ve got a little bit of something back. Onto Tuesday…
    Agree with most of these. Macari perhaps just a 7 a little lax in.possession in the first half. Despite his worldy, Nemane no more than a 6.5. Poor delivery again and just doesnt offer anything for other players by running off the ball. Bit better defensively today.
    Ashby Hammond lucky to get awsy with the disallowed goal. Sat right behind it and he wasnt brave enough. Looked onside to me

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I had BBC WM on on the way back and they were talking about how they had watched it and it wasn't offside. Tough titty
    They could save money on VAR and just have those guys have a Quick Look on the one camera I player, forget all the lines and angles those guys are much better.

Stuart Maynard - 9 For the way he's handled the pressure of a section of fans who wanted him out. He never showed irritation or anger at some fans trying to oust him from his job. If the improved form is maintained through to next season, he will be a much better manager for it.

I would give JJ a 9 just for this sublime piece of skill:

https://twitter.com/JodsJones/status...98909938643281

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I would give JJ a 9 just for this sublime piece of skill:

https://twitter.com/JodsJones/status...98909938643281
    The Maltese Cantona. In my time watching Notts, only Masson could have done that.

Durham, did you go on Saturday?
    Be interesting to hear your take on performances. Surprisingly few comments this week.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Durham, did you go on Saturday?
    Be interesting to hear your take on performances. Surprisingly few comments this week.
    I certainly did go and i thought we rode our luck at times, but we played well and deserved the 3 points. It also made a change to have a ref who was not an homer for once.. Having Jatta up front has allowed Macca to see more of the ball...

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    Agree with most of these. Macari perhaps just a 7 a little lax in.possession in the first half. Despite his worldy, Nemane no more than a 6.5. Poor delivery again and just doesnt offer anything for other players by running off the ball. Bit better defensively today.
    Ashby Hammond lucky to get awsy with the disallowed goal. Sat right behind it and he wasnt brave enough. Looked onside to me
    Had another he got away with in the second half as well when he dropped a really simple header and they nearly scored. LAH has been the best of our three goalkeepers this season, but that's more a damning indictment of the other two. First position to address in the summer IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    LAH has been the best of our three goalkeepers this season, but that's more a damning indictment of the other two. First position to address in the summer IMO.
    Agree. Surely something has to give with Slocs and Stone on contracts til June '25, one of them as a back-up, but no way should it be both

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12