+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Surely

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Who is our best keeper ?

After having Heaton, Hart and Pope who were all international class, we now appear to be in a position where every week we have a critical error just waiting to happen.
    James Trafford. I'm still trying to recall a critical error by Trafford that lead directly to a goal against us, and I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    James Trafford. I'm still trying to recall a critical error by Trafford that lead directly to a goal against us, and I can't.
    I think the competition is very stiff for a starting place as GK for BFC.Clown versus Clanger.

The way Kompany shuffles player around, could be Vitinio....
    Poor lad has played Right Back, Right Attacking Midfield and Left Back...
    Surely it's his turn in goal next...
    Question.... Has Kompany selected the same XI in consecutive games yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Len Bury View Post
    He does not have a f*cking clue Len. We have a proper left back in Taylor, a proper winger in Benson and a proper centre-forward in Rodriguez.

Watching Foster yesterday was pitiful he should have been hooked after 20 minutes. We deserve to be relegated, like sinkov constantly reminds us, the league table does not lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Bury View Post
    In all my years of playing and watching football Vitinho is the best ball watcher I’ve ever seen.

Responsibility isn’t his game at all if we’re going to play him he needs to be further up the pitch.

We do seem to over complicate the team and situations- we have a perfectly good full back who ends up on the bench and Vitinho starts - some things just don’t make sense to me.

It's simple really, we can't afford a clown show every week, just put our best keeper back in.
    If you had been at the game mon ami you would have seen an imperious display from Muric prior to the howler.

Three times he took corners out of the air with clean catches and his positioning was excellent throughout the game.

The common denominator for Muric & Trafford is that they are both supposed to be Beckenbauer in possession and distribute the ball like Bobby Moore.

It's asking a lot for two goalkeepers in my opinion. I cannot think of one other EPL goalkeeper who is a better shot stopper than either Muric or Trafford who can also pass the ball like Ederson at City.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If you had been at the game mon ami you would have seen an imperious display from Muric prior to the howler.

Three times he took corners out of the air with clean catches and his positioning was excellent throughout the game.

The common denominator for Muric & Trafford is that they are both supposed to be Beckenbauer in possession and distribute the ball like Bobby Moore.

It's asking a lot for two goalkeepers in my opinion. I cannot think of one other EPL goalkeeper who is a better shot stopper than either Muric or Trafford who can also pass the ball like Ederson at City.
    You don't have to be at the games mon ami, the coverage on Socceronline is excellent, I probably have a better view than your good self. As for Aro, you can be as imperious as you like in goal, but if you're giving a goal a game away you deserve to be dropped. I'm quite surprised that you claim in another post that Berge backpass was hit too hard and it was very windy. It was as simple a backpass to deal with as you'll ever see. Perfectly hit, straight to him, no bobbles or bounces and not an attacker in the same parish, no pressure whatsoever. In fact this was possibly the problem, it was so easy to deal with the poor lad took his eye off the ball a second too early.

You don't have to be at the games mon ami, the coverage on Socceronline is excellent, I probably have a better view than your good self. As for Aro, you can be as imperious as you like in goal, but if you're giving a goal a game away you deserve to be dropped. I'm quite surprised that you claim in another post that Berge backpass was hit too hard and it was very windy. It was as simple a backpass to deal with as you'll ever see. Perfectly hit, straight to him, no bobbles or bounces and not an attacker in the same parish, no pressure whatsoever. In fact this was possibly the problem, it was so easy to deal with the poor lad took his eye off the ball a second too early.
    No wonder he wears red boots.

Hard to imagine how anyone can defend Muric after that howler and the one the week before at Everton.

Yes BT Muric did grab a few crosses out of the air, but they are standard fayre for any goal keeper, who was under little pressure.

I see now why Kompany was reluctant to play Muric, who is making himself and our club look like clowns. I won't drop him, but if he repeats anything similar in our next 2 games he should be

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

The argument from many for Muric to play was that he was better with his feet.. We'll that went well!! You describe his imperious display, yet he kicked the ball directly out of play twice, and once to their player, and that was just the first half

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)