+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Charlie Slater

Charlie Slater

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Charlie Slater anchoring the Radio Nottingham programme. I couldn't believe it when I switched on the radio and heard his very missed tones! Shame he didn't do Notts commentary ( although I do like Adam Hassle) I follow him on twitter and noticed he hasn't mentioned any matches he commentated on for weeks so does anyone know why he was on Radio Nottingham today?

Was great to hear Charlie anchoring on BBCRNS today. Although I love his commentary, he is superb at the anchoring role.

Hopefully he goes onto a brilliant career.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftPeg_Pie View Post
    Was great to hear Charlie anchoring on BBCRNS today. Although I love his commentary, he is superb at the anchoring role.

Hopefully he goes onto a brilliant career.
    He really deserves to. He's such a talented commentator/presenter that I'm genuinely surprised that the BBC hasn't pushed him into higher profile roles yet. The guy's a star.

The only problem is, the more high profile the roles, the less room there is for his humour and wordplay, which he was able to use freely when commentating on Notts. I'll never forgot all the puns on Regan Booty's debut

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    He really deserves to. He's such a talented commentator/presenter that I'm genuinely surprised that the BBC hasn't pushed him into higher profile roles yet. The guy's a star.

The only problem is, the more high profile the roles, the less room there is for his humour and wordplay, which he was able to use freely when commentating on Notts. I'll never forgot all the puns on Regan Booty's debut
    In fairness he was covering PSG V Barcelona in the CL for 5live last week, he’s on 5live quite a lot.

He deserves it, he’s an excellent commentator.

Would be great for him to be back, but we all want to go onto bigger and better things, good luck!

Charlie's got good personality, so it's no surprise he's as good at anchoring a programme as he is at commentary. I don't praise the BBC easily, but they've got themselves a good 'un there!