+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leicester and Sheffield

Leicester and Sheffield

Think we will get in the play offs regardless so is it worth going full throttle against Leicester? A point would be decent. We don’t want any injuries to key players. We also need to look at our best number 9 going into the play offs ie Maja or even Phillips perhaps as for me - it’s not Asante as there won’t be many chances.

The crucial match will be Sheffield which they must win to have a chance of staying up. Hope our ticket office ask for the lower tier now we have sold out the top one - an extra 2000 plus supporters would be huge. Wednesday do offer the bottom tier if requested ( on police advice ) as other supporters have had it. Hope we can get it but clubs have to commit to selling it.

I can also see Southampton now thinking they have a great shot for automatic. Personally I would rather play Ipswich or Leeds in the play offs. Any thoughts?

I can’t see Wednesday giving us another 2000 tickets to give our support a massive boost when they desperately need the win to stay up. It would be nice to get the extra tickets, though, as we missed out on getting any!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I can’t see Wednesday giving us another 2000 tickets to give our support a massive boost when they desperately need the win to stay up. It would be nice to get the extra tickets, though, as we missed out on getting any!

The police might not be happy with home supporters on the bottom tier with our lot above so when demand has not been there it’s always been left empty. Hope our ticket office should some ambition and request the bottom tier without the worry of taking this commitment and losing money if they don’t sell. They will sell easily!

I’m sure that we were in the lower tier when we last went to Hillsborough, when Kevin Phillips scored the winner deep into injury time; that was karma for what had gone before at the Hawthorns!

I’m sure that we were in the lower tier when we last went to Hillsborough, when Kevin Phillips scored the winner deep into injury time; that was karma for what had gone before at the Hawthorns!
    I was in the upper tier, I don’t recall the lower tier being open, I may be wrong.

It was also a midweek game.

I was trying to drag my lad out a couple of minutes before the end but he kept dragging his feet, thankfully.

I think I would go with Weimann in the center. I agree we should go for it v Leicester as they’ve lost a few times recently and they really won’t fancy playing us at all.

I’ve just checked Kets and the lower tier was closed that night.

Kevin Phillips goal at just after 7 minutes on this reel of his Albion goals.

https://youtu.be/tDVgAI2F-YI?si=LXL8PRMzd1Yx8Osk

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I think I would go with Weimann in the center. I agree we should go for it v Leicester as they’ve lost a few times recently and they really won’t fancy playing us at all.
    Don’t disagree Boingy as going for it could massively improve our confidence and if Leicester don’t win we could even face them
    In the play offs. A point would be great. Phillips could be a good call for a start.

Leicester are very nervy now.
    I would settle for a point. Phillips up top might be a stop gap for a game I think we may be on the back foor throughout.
    Not sure how fit he is right now. Could he do 70 mins at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’ve just checked Kets and the lower tier was closed that night.

Kevin Phillips goal at just after 7 minutes on this reel of his Albion goals.

https://youtu.be/tDVgAI2F-YI?si=LXL8PRMzd1Yx8Osk
    Must be my memory! I just seem to remember that we were not too far above goal level, right behind the goal, the place (well, our end) went nuts when that went in. It was an interesting ride back into Sheffield city centre on the tram amongst all the Wednesday fans, they were definitely not happy bunnies!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)