+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aahlreet you lot....

Welcome back!

If we end up 6th, I would say its almost a bigger thing than last year, if you consider all the shyte weve had this season.

Of course 4th is better, but you get my point.

Even better, Howe’s turned our form with only a couple of players coming back AND having recently lost more to injury, most notably Botman.
    We had Murphy playing as a defender yesterday with 2 keepers, kids, Dummett and Ritchie on the bench.
    A big hats off to the players who’ve stayed fit, especially Bruno and Gordon but a massive one to EH who has carried the team this season. He’s done a remarkable job.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Even better, Howe’s turned our form with only a couple of players coming back AND having recently lost more to injury, most notably Botman.
    We had Murphy playing as a defender yesterday with 2 keepers, kids, Dummett and Ritchie on the bench.
    A big hats off to the players who’ve stayed fit, especially Bruno and Gordon but a massive one to EH who has carried the team this season. He’s done a remarkable job.
    100% Topz.

Bang on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    100% Topz.

Bang on.
    Aye, bang on. And those who says Howes resposible for the players fitness, in terms of injuries, needs to bang their head.

In a modern football club there is people taking care of the medical side of things. Thats where you should start to look.

If the players cant handle Howes style of play, then its something wrong with the recruitment. There is many examples of teams playing with just as much intensity, with even more games than us.

It's good to be back....

The only thing I'd disagree with is that we over achieved last season.
    Actually we drew some silly games and dropped several points last season and should've finished comfortably ahead of Man Utd in 3rd, but we were ahead of schedule and it certainly wasn't a point to criticise.

This season, our 1st choice eleven could and would batter most teams, but, sadly, it has rarely been seen. And yet, here we find ourselves, still in the running for.european spots and a top 6 finish. It is likely we will match last seasons wins and only fall shy of.last seasons points total by virtue of losing the silly games we drew last season.

This shows a remarkable level of consistency, which if you track it back, was evident in the results january - may after Howe took over.

2 and a half seasons of being proud of my club.
    2½ seasons of the only man to match / better keegan and Robson in my lifetime of following our great club.

Who gives a flying feckle about FFP or sustainability pish? 3 or 4 deadwood out, replaced by better and a year with less injuries and this time next year we will be a step further, the project still in place!

I think the project is beyond "still in place"
    I think it is still ahead of schedule. It does remain my opinion that we over-achieved last season all things considered, but this season we have been nearly KO'd, got back up from the floor and are bludgeoning our way back into Europe.
    A terrific performance from Eddie and the squad, considering all of the setbacks this season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)