+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Celtic (Scottish Cup )

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Hart’s mind games with Duncan came back to bite him - he’s a c***!
    One of the highlights of the match was that guff pr*ck putting his penalty against the post.

beyond gutted at least we didnt get hammered season over tho and the joys of league cup group stages next season

Credit to Levin BTW - he’s done well.

Hopefully the last we see of Roos. Threw Duncan under the bus with his "cramp". Totally useless at saving penalties. Totally useless at crosses. Totally useless at passbacks. Average shot stopper and when he does it bounces out for the rebound. And yet he is undroppable. If Leven had any sense he would have put Rubi in goals for the penalties.

Sad. Mostly, apart from 1st 30 mins of second half, gave as good as we got. Credit for that. We just drew with Celtic in Glasgow. Lost on pens. Thought Roos could have done better. Get off the park to allow Duncan to take his pen. Make the Celtic player wait.

Two penalty shouts not given. 1st was a hand ball. Looked to me to be inside. How we didn't get even a free is down to VAR. The 2nd was a stonewall. Kicked his foot whilst trying to clear. Definite pen. Theory: We are being punished (more than usual) by VAR for having the fùcking cheek to complain about guessing - brushed under the carpet by SFA. Happened before when God complained about biased refereeing.

Today showed that putting the Smelly defence under pressure is the way to get at them. They've good players who can keep the ball but they are not used to being under pressure. It's why they get beaten regularly in Europe.

Credit to the team and subs. Hopefully those taken off are fit for the run in. The guys need to show this effort in the remaining 5 and we'll be well clear. 2 games at home 1st is too good an advantage to throw away.

Come on ewe redz.
    Last edited by sonofrgmsdad; 20-04-2024 at 02:55 PM.

Probably their best performances for Aberdeen by Gartenmann and Barron though not a failure in the team other than perhaps Roos. But was it coincidence that such a good midfield display was achieved without Shinnie? I've always been a big Shinnie fan but can but wonder.

Firstly, well played lads, really gave it a go there today. Absolutely no complaints about the effort & attitude - though we really do lack the physicality required in games like this.

I’m no fan, but Gartenmann was exceptional today. Best game he’s played. Where’s that been?

Devlin & McKenzie very good. MacDonald though ffs min. Ok he scored which makes amends a bit - but badly at fault for the first 2 goals. Just cannot afford to do that in these games.

Miovski excellent also - much more like himself.

Hoilett’s delivery for the 2nd & 3rd was world class. Two outstanding crosses - but what a chance he missed.

Sokler did well, midfield did ok. When Polvara gets time on the ball he uses it well, but his lack of physicality lets him down.

Clarkson & Barron did well & put in a shift. McGrath was a bit in & out of the game.

Phillips is just not a footballer - abysmal.

Duncan similar.

No surprise they missed the pens. Nowhere near the level required.

Yer just nae winning a penalty shootout with Roos in goals. He’s just abysmal at penalties. 5 out of 6 he went the wrong way ffs.

So overall, we had:

3 / 4 great chances missed.
    2 goals absolutely given away
    1 stonewall pen denied
    1 handball pen denied that gets given more often than not.

Aye, but the Tims never get anything eh.

Yer nae winning with that little lot, but they absolutely turned up & had a go, so no complaints on that score - all you can ask really…

I did notice that Sellick put all of their penalties, or at least most of them, down the same side. You'd have thought Roos would have cottoned on to it at some point.

On the train hame.

I was proud of the team and the fans today, we gave our all and possibly could have won it if Toilet had his shooting boots on.

We toiled in the early part of the second half, but what a comeback and two great bounces when our equalisers went in.

Was sitting in section A right next to Timothy and lots of stick going both ways. A couple of guys were lifted at the first goal. 🤣

I ken we didn't win, but was proud of that effort today.

Greatest fans in the world my @rse.

Let's finish this season as best we can now.

Canna edit, but above post should have said Hoilet and not Toilet.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast