+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Aberdeen v Celtic (Scottish Cup )

Why did it take the best part of 10 seconds to award a free kick to the tims after Hoilett was hacked down ? Play had moved on a couple of phases. He dose appear to point to the spot but, in the same action with the same hand he points up the park to award a free kick. Why wait so long ?

I’ve watched it again a few times. There’s no reason to let play continue for a foul by Hoilett on Johnston in the Celtic box. No advantage can accrue to Celtic and there’s no VAR protocol I’m pretty sure. So if he thinks it’s a foul he should just blow. But he then waits for several seconds until C-V hacks down Hoilett and then pulls it back.

Makes no sense to me at all. And if it was for a foul on Johnston there’s then no reason for VAR to get involved as there couldn’t have been a possible penalty.

It’s just ****ey refereeing.

Exactly, if the ref “had to let the phase of play complete” - which is what I’ve heard various times as an excuse for this - then if that’s the case, then why do refs ever give free kicks for challenges & fouls in the box?

Usually they can’t blow their whistles quickly enough, regardless of what “phase of play” it is.

Usual question. Other end, what happens. Pen all day. Guarantee the handball would have been reviewed too.

Others have mentioned it, but GMS nearly got decapitated by Boyata in the cup final. 10 minutes treatment, stretchered off, hospital stay. Penalty all day then based on Saturday - no, of course not.

Its cheating, plain & simple. Are we gonna take it yet again - looks that way.

Got to laugh at all the Tims justifying these calls too.

Aye, as if they’d be perfectly fine with it at the other end.

You might have some sympathy for their ridiculous paranoia if they could at least admit when they’ve been given one (or two) on a plate. But no.

So fück them. I hope they get absolutely shafted by a big decision soon. I’m gonna laugh like fück…

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Exactly, if the ref “had to let the phase of play complete” - which is what I’ve heard various times as an excuse for this - then if that’s the case, then why do refs ever give free kicks for challenges & fouls in the box?

Usually they can’t blow their whistles quickly enough, regardless of what “phase of play” it is.

Usual question. Other end, what happens. Pen all day. Guarantee the handball would have been reviewed too.

Others have mentioned it, but GMS nearly got decapitated by Boyata in the cup final. 10 minutes treatment, stretchered off, hospital stay. Penalty all day then based on Saturday - no, of course not.

Its cheating, plain & simple. Are we gonna take it yet again - looks that way.

Got to laugh at all the Tims justifying these calls too.

Aye, as if they’d be perfectly fine with it at the other end.

You might have some sympathy for their ridiculous paranoia if they could at least admit when they’ve been given one (or two) on a plate. But no.

So fück them. I hope they get absolutely shafted by a big decision soon. I’m gonna laugh like fück…
    The GMS final was one of the worst days ever, a brutal day from start to finish.

When leaving Hampden on Saturday, a couple of Tims did say the Hoilet foul was a clear pen.

Doesn't make it any better, but clear as day it was cheating.

As said earlier, they don't even try and hide it now. Everyone sees it and everyone knows it, but nobody does nothing about it.

We even have clubs paying for a system that has made it even easier to cheat.

They'll have their bigotfest on cup final day and be selling it as a great day for Scottish football, oblivious to the fact that outwith the gruesome twosome, nobody else gives a f*ck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Playing hard ball doesn’t even work, such is the degree of ingrained bias still present within the Scottish football establishment - Fergie told everyone decades ago that we had to be better than the two Cheeks to win anything. That, unfortunately, subsists to this day.
    Our club needs to get some if not all of the other 9 clubs to join forces and until there is a proper Var and officials using it then it should be put out to pasture until more money & unbiased refs can be made available.

Quote Originally Posted by YimmyTime76 View Post
    unbiased refs
    In grammatical terms, I believe this is a prime example of an oxymoron.

I think we should insist on the rugby approach of broadcasting the whole ref/VAR exchange. Can you imagine Saturday?

Ref - Wee Alastair’s fallen. But hey, Celtic still have the ball and not clear it’s a foul. I’ll let this run.

VAR - aye, whatever you like. We can always fix it for you.

Ref - oh no, Cammy’s leathered yon sheep. What happens if I give a penalty? Can yous chalk it off.

VAR - not really, no. Maybe just blow for the foul.

Ref - peeep! Foul on the Celtic player. Free kick to us, erm, I mean Celtic.

VAR - I think everyone thinks you’ve just given a penalty…

Ref - ****e. Can you pretend to do a VAR check and confirm the sheep can’t be allowed a penalty?

VAR - it’s not in the IFAB protocols, but SFA overriding directive 1 means it’s a yes.

PAUSE that Harold Pinter would be proud of.

VAR - no penalty. SFA overriding directive 1 clearly states that the big Glasgow team must progress for the sake of Scottish football.

Ref - cheers, mate. Onwards and upwards. See you for a pint later.

Apologies if posted previously, but just found out it is the 150th anniversary of the cup.

There was never a chance of us winning last Saturday.

They wanted one outcome and got it.

C*NTS!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910