+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread: Cambridge (A) 20/4/2024

Matchday thread: Cambridge (A) 20/4/2024

Our current head to head against Cambridge is P 20, W 11, D 6, L 3. They did the double over us in the 80/81 season, winning both games 3-0. Their only other win against us was in the 89/90 League Cup. It was a 2 legged affair, they won the first 2-1 at theirs then we hammered them 5-0 back at the BBG. I'm going for another win.

Rams 2 Cambridge 0

I will hold fire until after Bolton's midweek game. If they bottle it then maybe a draw will suffice attitude will prevail stategy

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I will hold fire until after Bolton's midweek game. If they bottle it then maybe a draw will suffice attitude will prevail stategy
    ... yet PW says they never go out to draw a game, they always go out to win...

Thumping win 4 1 to Rams

So a steady 0-0 draw will do the job....

Bolton drop pts, so 4pts required to be certain, though a win at Cambridge and we are almost there barring some high scores by Posh or Bolton.

If Bolton win even if we win it means it goes to the last game, but going into the last game knowing only a loss and big goal swing would stop us going up would be good.

A good win for us Saturday please.

So a steady 0-0 draw will do the job....
    Counting gone awry since retirement, GP?

Still…a better position than we might have expected…almost there.

Not at all - I mean a draw will still leave it in our hands to win promotion at home, always more fun. Hence a draw not a bad result

Not at all - I mean a draw will still leave it in our hands to win promotion at home, always more fun. Hence a draw not a bad result
    Lol…course you did…
    …but 1-3 away win anyway.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)