+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should Israel Retaliate?

I can’t believe some of the things i’m reading here. Firstly, Israel retaliate? Can you even call that retaliation when it’s Iran that has retaliated? What would we do if someone bombed our embassy? Israel the naughty little shister child is dragging us all into this conflict.
    We’re all falling for this, because Iran are an islamic state and nuclear weapon producer- that we ought to go after them. Let’s just stay clear from this potential war unless you all want to pay much higher oil prices. Because this war escalation that Israel is trying to bring and force on the west will cause major catastrophic inflation. I couldn’t give a f u k what iran does and to some extent in its region.. why is this child like acting country Israel stirring up trouble for us all. Also more to the point why is our tax money funding genocide and paying for their protection? That money should be staying her, we’ve got enough issues here at home.

As world leaders go, they are doing f all to stop this when they can. Remember the reasons for the Iraq war, don’t fall for this one. Israel is showing no regard to international law, neither listening to the US - well we need to cut any arms giveaways or sales to them. Why don’t you google which politicians gain from arms sales? Yeah yes Iran is a rogue state, but don’t you think israel is acting like one at the moment. Which country is doing all the killing at the moment?

Ask yourself this, which country keeps refusing a Palestinian state? It’s Israel and _ _ _? It’s not Palestinians stop blaming them .. these are the words of American Jewish academic who was deported from Israel. This guy talks a lot of sense. Google him.

I’m not sure how i’ve got so caught up in this conflict lately, but all I see for our sakes here at home is this non stop economic turmoil our leaders Sunak or even Starmer don’t want to actually fix. A war will not help.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Ask yourself this, which country keeps refusing a Palestinian state? It’s Israel and _ _ _? It’s not Palestinians stop blaming them .. these are the words of American Jewish academic who was deported from Israel. This guy talks a lot of sense. Google him.

I’m not sure how i’ve got so caught up in this conflict lately, but all I see for our sakes here at home is this non stop economic turmoil our leaders Sunak or even Starmer don’t want to actually fix. A war will not help.
    War is coming so get use to it regis.
    The writing has been on the wall for some time now. And it will affect more then your petrol prices too.
    We have moved from post war generation to pre war generation and people are acting surprised?
    Keep your head in the sand be prepared to be f u c k e d in the ass.
    But by who is the question?
    Hard to know when your head is in the sand....

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    I can’t believe some of the things i’m reading here. Firstly, Israel retaliate? Can you even call that retaliation when it’s Iran that has retaliated? What would we do if someone bombed our embassy? Israel the naughty little shister child is dragging us all into this conflict.
    We’re all falling for this, because Iran are an islamic state and nuclear weapon producer- that we ought to go after them. Let’s just stay clear from this potential war unless you all want to pay much higher oil prices. Because this war escalation that Israel is trying to bring and force on the west will cause major catastrophic inflation. I couldn’t give a f u k what iran does and to some extent in its region.. why is this child like acting country Israel stirring up trouble for us all. Also more to the point why is our tax money funding genocide and paying for their protection? That money should be staying her, we’ve got enough issues here at home.

As world leaders go, they are doing f all to stop this when they can. Remember the reasons for the Iraq war, don’t fall for this one. Israel is showing no regard to international law, neither listening to the US - well we need to cut any arms giveaways or sales to them. Why don’t you google which politicians gain from arms sales? Yeah yes Iran is a rogue state, but don’t you think israel is acting like one at the moment. Which country is doing all the killing at the moment?
    Bull****! Hamas started this current conflict, almost certainly with the assent of Iran. When Hamas butchered all those innocent people they, and Iran, knew full well that retribution would certainly follow. Iran is starting the war and trying to shift the blame on Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Bull****! Hamas started this current conflict, almost certainly with the assent of Iran. When Hamas butchered all those innocent people they, and Iran, knew full well that retribution would certainly follow. Iran is starting the war and trying to shift the blame on Israel.

I agree but Regis makes some good points. Let Israel do what they want but my point is - why are the US and the U.K. getting involved after learning zero from Afghanistan.

We need to put all the energy into stopping Putin which is on our doorstep.

Well put.

I agree with Regis Kets.

Hamas are to blame for igniting this and let’s be honest, they did it in the full knowledge it would probably see Israel try to obliterate both them and Palestine.

Look at the bigger picture though, is it not Israel who have caused the resentment to build up over decades due to the way they have squeezed the Palestinians and refused to recognise them properly and to build a more equitable relationship?

I’ve thought long and hard before saying this and to any of our Jewish posters (if we have any) I don’t mean this to sound the wrong way, but……I do think that the atrocities of the Second World War against the Jews is what seems to give the Israelis a free pass to do as they wish in these circumstances.

The West seems to walk on eggshells when dealing with Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Well put.
    Yes, agreed, well put.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I agree with Regis Kets.

Hamas are to blame for igniting this and let’s be honest, they did it in the full knowledge it would probably see Israel try to obliterate both them and Palestine.

Look at the bigger picture though, is it not Israel who have caused the resentment to build up over decades due to the way they have squeezed the Palestinians and refused to recognise them properly and to build a more equitable relationship?

I’ve thought long and hard before saying this and to any of our Jewish posters (if we have any) I don’t mean this to sound the wrong way, but……I do think that the atrocities of the Second World War against the Jews is what seems to give the Israelis a free pass to do as they wish in these circumstances.

The West seems to walk on eggshells when dealing with Israel.
    Yes we do.
    It's not that the Holocaust gives us a free pass to do as we please,but that our consciousness has been permanently altered by it.
    A psychic scar so to speak. I always noticed with my own Ma's generation, the one born just before WW2. They always stored food just in case because their ancestors remembered the famine in Ireland all to well. It was seared into the psychic.
    Yet that generation would be horrified by the amount of food waste in this country...Amounting to nearly €2 million a week.
    She would be appalled by it.
    Difficult to explain real hunger to someone who never was hungry I guess.

We can’t keep saying ‘current conflict’ as i’m sure both you and I know it’s not just that. Instead look at the root cause of the conflict and who is putting obstacles in the way. If we say current conflict, then start asking yourself why Israel didn’t take Egypts warning that an act of terror was being planned and did nothing about it. Hamas and IDF are as bad as each other, both committed serious crimes. Have you seen the news about so many Christians in That region have been killed or displaced by the israelis? it’s not just your ‘muslim’ foes.

I’m not here to defend Iran, i think we all know how that country is being run. But you’ve a small country israel using this conflict to stir up trouble for everyone else. I’m sorry, I don’t want that and neither do other posters on here. We need to stop arms deals with Israel so they don’t act like johnny big balls all of a sudden. Enough problems in the world already and they’ve killed enough already.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)