+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fantasy Land

Here's a plan for SM, tonight let us play 9 up top for the 1st half, go in 6 nil up, come out and play 11 at the back, easy!!.

Even if everyone else were deducted 10 points I’m not even sure I’d want promotion in a season where we went without a home win from December to April.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Even if everyone else were deducted 10 points I’m not even sure I’d want promotion in a season where we went without a home win from December to April.
    We are not ready for promotion.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Bet you would still be at Wembley hoping for a win.

Don’t Donny play Barrow this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Don’t Donny play Barrow this weekend?
    They do indeed.
    If Barrow lose to both Crawley tonight and Doncaster on Saturday there will be 2 teams sitting there on 67 points.
    So the best result is that Barrow win both.

And in the real world Mansfailed only need one point tonight to get promoted...

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    If we win tonight (and it is a big if) then it is still mathematically possible for us to reach the play offs, no matter the result of the Crawley - Barrow game. Crawley defeat is best

After all the talk very recently of not being mathematically safe from relegation, why not have a bit of fantasy even if it is just for a few hours?
    Glad you mentioned it - i have had this at the back of my mind - I mean just say if we did win tonight..... Then it's good to dream a little...

It would be nice to get a top half finish, and really nice to make it to 9th. Might help with recruitment too. If we win tonight I'll keep dreaming. We aren't ready to go up as is, but any team going up would need to strengthen pretty significantly anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Bet you would still be at Wembley hoping for a win.
    And therein lies the dilemma. I guess we all want to win every match, as do I, but I'd be worried if we went up without being ready. FGR are looking at the consequences of being unprepared.

Let's hope that next season incorporates the learnings from this season and replicates the overwhelming enjoyment of last season

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12