+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Land

Fantasy Land

If we win tonight (and it is a big if) then it is still mathematically possible for us to reach the play offs, no matter the result of the Crawley - Barrow game. Crawley defeat is best

After all the talk very recently of not being mathematically safe from relegation, why not have a bit of fantasy even if it is just for a few hours?
    Last edited by 1955pie; 16-04-2024 at 10:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Good idea, let's go for a clean sheet and a hattrick from Kyle Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    If we win tonight (and it is a big if) then it is still mathematically possible for us to reach the play offs, no matter the result of the Crawley - Barrow game. Crawley defeat is best

After all the talk very recently of not being mathematically safe from relegation, why not have a bit of fantasy even if it is just for a few hours?
    If Crawley win then we can't catch them even if we win tonight. It'll leave 2 games left and 7 points behind

In this fantasy world if we win and Crawley beat Barrow tonight we could still finish level on points with Barrow who would drop to the last PO spot. Barrows GD is currently 3 better than ours but that would reduce if they lose and we win.

More Deluded land than Fantasy Land

Such a shame we didn't manage to scrape two or three more points this season, as it would at least make the run-in more interesting. All those avoidable mistakes and near misses...

I gave up, and going on his post-match so has SM. But have the players completely let it go?
    Only saying this for the prospect of tonight being even more interesting with the team really going for the win if it's still level late.

Pity we had that bad four month spell. Same players now who are putting in a shift so what was the issue? LW leaving, SM's CV, players spitting dummies, SM insisting on players doing things they weren't used to doing or just a transition? (not such a big transition so I don't think that was the cause).

I'm still utterly devastated by the points we pissed up the wall against Sutton at home, Accrington away etc, we blew it then sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Pity we had that bad four month spell. Same players now who are putting in a shift so what was the issue? LW leaving, SM's CV, players spitting dummies, SM insisting on players doing things they weren't used to doing or just a transition? (not such a big transition so I don't think that was the cause).
    For me it’s a combination of factors. The key ones being the loss of LW but also going back to the loss of JT as well and effectively hitting a wall after such a battle last season. Yes the players are professional but they are human like everyone else and I believe they lost their confidence on the back of these blows. But with hard work and things settling down we are seeing them more like how they were in 2023. It will be interesting to see what the reaction is at Liverpool when Klopp leaves as they may experience similar whoever they bring in.

I don’t for one moment believe that the players downed tools or spat dummy’s out because I think we have good professionals at the club and ones who care and have been at the club a number of years. People in the game know more about coaches and SM should have been respected for his hard work for at least keeping a part time team with limited resources in tier 5. Everyone in life has to cut their teeth somewhere and that includes the players when they were starting out. SM has clearly been brought in to see how he can get on full time with more resources, and the club, players and opposition managers have appeared to rally round him as well regardless of external pressures or agendas to do otherwise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast