+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Southampton v Preston

Southampton v Preston

So around 10pm tonight we will probably feel Southampton breathing down our backs.

3pts behind with a game in hand should they pick up all 3pts!

Unless Preston imagine they are playing Leeds and play it as a Cup Final

All Preston aren't we

At this level, every teams match against Leeds, they treat as a Cup Final, in a reverse way, we also should tackle each game with the same mindset - more direct, killing teams off.

Well, there are instances where a high degree of possession actually ends up delivering results;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68420954

Poor old PNE, Southampton take 77% possession and subject PNE to 22 shots in the match, 6 on target and three goals resulting from that. If only.

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    At this level, every teams match against Leeds, they treat as a Cup Final, in a reverse way, we also should tackle each game with the same mindset - more direct, killing teams off.
    Fed up hearing this mantra of "every game against LUFC is a clubs cup final". Pathetic bleating if true, and giving way more credit to less than stellar opposition if not. Said it before, will say it again, and again, and again, if necessary, about time LUFC treated EVERY f00king game as OUR cup final and played as if our continued survival in this or any other division depended on it. We don't and haven't for too long, playing square-ball passing, and mediocre attacking with way too little in the way of threat in the opposition box. We have players who CAN threaten, and pose an arial threat, they just don't, why?

So I think we can assume that it is a 4 horse race and Southampton don't look like a side that is gonna 'bottle it'.

What a pisser , those 5 dropped home points , ouch.

I hate football.

I'd be very surprised if our situation wasn't already resolved before we hit Southampton in that last game. And probably not for the better either...😕

Sadly think you are right oz.

Can't see Southampton not taking this surprising opportunity we have generously given them , they certainly don't look like they is gonna bottle it.

They do however have Leicester away next week, however I feel those dropped 5 points have been our undoing and we are destined for the play offs, and seeing as we can’t do those I meekly say “welcome to the championship 2024/25”

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    They do however have Leicester away next week, however I feel those dropped 5 points have been our undoing and we are destined for the play offs, and seeing as we can’t do those I meekly say “welcome to the championship 2024/25”

Still a few more possible twists and turns to come but in all seriousness , given our recent form I just can't see us taking advantage of any of the others slipping up.

I mean , 1 point from 2 home games against poor/average sides that just sat in and used sh1thousery tactics against us , and we could not get 6 points with all the quality we have?

Pop them 5 points on the table now we would be on 92pts and almost there!

Gutting.

6 points in the next two games would put a different gloss on things

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)