+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T Party Political Broadcasts

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    rp, I think you'll find that by the time you come to retire, the drawable pension age will have increased another 2 if not 3 years. Talking with my Daughter the other day, she and I both reckoned by the time she comes to retire in approx another 30 years, the Government paid pension will have risen to 70 years of age, blaming all of this on the fact they say we are now living longer????
    If the decline in the birth rate continues, then its inevitable(ish) that the retirement age will increase, unless AI impacts on this equation in ways that have yet to be realised.

If the current structures of economic capitalism continue then the future doesn't look great.

I can totally understand the lack of enthusiasm for voting in a GE in this day and age .

However I personally think it's well worth voting in the regional Mayor Elections early next month irrespective of who you vote for .

These regional mayors have got a lot more clout than many people realise and you are voting for local issues that make a real impact in our towns and villages .

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Ok, so let's assume that the recent DWP statement that 1 million of these 3 millioin are able to do work of some kind and help fill the current 1.25 million uk vacancies. What is the Reform plan to:

1. Fill the number of concentrated jobs in the NHS, social work, education where specific skills are needed but workers in short supply
    2. Fill the numbers of concentrated vacancies in specific parts of the country where even demand for low skilled seasonal work is far in excess of the numbers of sick people in a 2 hour commuting area
    3. Beyond that, what is the overall Reform plan, or yours for that matter, to fill the increasing number of vacancies left by retiring people, which will be increasingly unfilled even if you manage to get the 1 million sick into work, but then find the vacancies still increasing over the next 10-20 years? What's the long term plan to solve the work replacement problem?

These are problems facing all parties, and none are coming up with honest answers, largely as they are canvassing to a public that are not really aware of the extent of this problem and are trying to win support by very simplistic and populist ideas, whereas the 'standing up for the working man', and their pensions in retirement need real world solutions. I think Reform instinctively may tend to go towards scrapping state pensions altogether, but I'd love to see them set that out to their mainly aging target demographic!
    Reform are filling a void:

In attempt to unwind history lies behind the belief that swathes of “moderate” voters yearn for a party that recycles the centrist positions of two decades ago. In fact many voters favour policy mixes no “sensible” politician would entertain – renationalisation of utilities and public services alongside strong immigration controls aiming to protect workers’ wage levels and stringent measures against crime, for example. The lack of a party that blends left and right in this way is the real black hole at the centre of British politics.
    https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...ts-own-history

How dare Linc's post a political thread on our football site. Hurry up cam and move this thread. Brin has lost his bottle with the mod god controls ATM 🤪😁😁😁🤪

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123