+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Au revoir

I cannot say I'm really fussed about the Stags either way but I do think they deserve their promotion, I am certainly glad they have a crap ground because if we have another season like this one I can see our gates beginning to slide & given a better ground they would be in the perfect position to take advantage & a real gap could appear. As it stands both our main competitors are playing to capacity crowds which should help us hang onto, or if we have a good season, improve our gates with plenty of space, well done Stags & COYP

Hardly worth the bother of hating, are they? I prefer to reserve that for Forest, even if they are 3 tiers above us.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Stockport look a cut above the rest imo.
    But did lose twice to Mansfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Togtastic View Post
    Your desire to correspond with us suggests some sort of intimacy. Please be assured that i do not care for you or your team anymore than if you were s**t on my shoe.
    Au revoir
    They were the better team this season. No need to get all mardy.
    Hopefully we can tank Chesterfield next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Hasslebank took Burton up. If memory serves, this is his first EFL promotion.
    Half right. It's true Hasselbaink took them up, but that was from L2. Clough is the one that got them into the Championship.

Thats not necessarily being mardy. I suspect the dislike would be just the same if positions were reversed.

Damn I thought we had signed another foreign gem, Aure Voir

Quote Originally Posted by jimmysirrelsmassivetooth View Post
    They were the better team this season. No need to get all mardy.
    Hopefully we can tank Chesterfield next season.
    I wouldn't and couldn't disagree with you that Mansfield are a better team than Notts. However, that wasn't my point, I have nothing to say to a Mansfield fan and there isn't anything I want to hear from one either. The same will go for Chesterfield as it does for Forest etc etc. I have to bite my tongue when I see a thread titled 'The other Notts' ( i suspect this is cricket? or is it Women's football?) but I do this as this a thread by Notts fans on a Notts site. Blinkered? Yes!, but not mardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    A lot of people assuming Mansfield will come straight back down. I couldn't disagree more. Clough is an outstanding manager. He has a proven record of defying the odds. He steadied the ship at Derby, when many predicted they would go down due to financial problems. He also took Burton up to the Championship, and managed to keep them up for 2 seasons. A person capable of keeping them in the Championship for that long, is more than capable of keeping Mansfield in L1. John Radford will give him a very respectable budget i'm sure of that.
    TBh i think Mansfiled will be mid to lower table, but i think they probably gone as far as they are going too
    I read a report recently that said most teams eventually return to L2 that are in L1, unless they get to the championship. I think it said only 7 teams have survived in L1 longer than 5 or 6 years , with the majority returning to L2
    So the likely hood is Mansfield will remain in L1 for several years mid to lower table before dropping back
    But they builded a squad over 11 years, so cant fault them they eventually got promotion, fair play
    The qustion is can we do better?? Get to L1 in less tahn 11 years

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Stags will be fodder next season. Some big teams coming down next season to league one and quite a few bigger teams who will pounce next year, in for a rough ride
    More like wishful thinking on your part.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast