+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stockport ratings

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I don’t think we’ll be seeing Scott next season.
    SM hasn’t given him any minutes in the last two games. With his contract about to expire, you’d think he’d be getting minutes to show what he can do if he was in the managers plans.
    Football is a cut throat world, but I’d hope we’re offering decent contracts to both Cedwyn and Bajrami. I think they’ve both got something to offer in League 2.

I don’t think we’ll be seeing Scott next season.
    SM hasn’t given him any minutes in the last two games. With his contract about to expire, you’d think he’d be getting minutes to show what he can do if he was in the managers plans.
    Tricky one. When asked about him in press conferences, Maynard has been glowing about Scott.

Jatta and Macca have formed a good partnership. He loves to sub Jatta and maybe thinks Scott is too similar. Tends to bring McGoldrick on.

Also, could be a slight PR move; if Maynard brings Langstaff off and says “I want to see what Scott can do…” you can guarantee a huge percentage of fans wouldn’t give a toss; they’d just boo him for taking Macca off.

I think Scott will be here next season and if Macca goes, could have a real chance.

Scott is nothing like jatta...as for McGoldrick, his best years were with Derby..
    Last edited by SwalePie; 19-04-2024 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Nemane is good in patches, but he is too inconsistent. We need players that can perform consistently over 90 minutes, and not just now and again..
    If nemane could do that he would not be in league 2 durham.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    If nemane could do that he would not be in league 2 durham.
    He probably would be if we played him purely as a winger..

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Football is a cut throat world, but I’d hope we’re offering decent contracts to both Cedwyn and Bajrami. I think they’ve both got something to offer in League 2.
    I’d be happy if we offered him a contract but our forward players are all under contract next season and have done a phenomenal job without Scott as an option.
    The vast majority of next seasons budget you’d think would go on defenders/defensive midfielders and we’re going to need every penny.
    So I think there’s a justification for letting him go before you even debate whether he can give us a full season without injury.
    I’m sure when he joined us he was out with illness for weeks and then suffered a couple of injuries during the NL season.
    He’s a fans favourite because he’s good when he’s on the pitch, but so was Cal Roberts who probably had a similar injury record.
    My gut feeling is he will go.

I’d be happy if we offered him a contract but our forward players are all under contract next season and have done a phenomenal job without Scott as an option.
    The vast majority of next seasons budget you’d think would go on defenders/defensive midfielders and we’re going to need every penny.
    So I think there’s a justification for letting him go before you even debate whether he can give us a full season without injury.
    I’m sure when he joined us he was out with illness for weeks and then suffered a couple of injuries during the NL season.
    He’s a fans favourite because he’s good when he’s on the pitch, but so was Cal Roberts who probably had a similar injury record.
    Roberts was injury prone, whereas Scott has just had this one bad injury. So you cant really make a comparison.

The description someone near me used to describe Cedwyn when he came on today was “leggy”, and that seems spot-on. He’s obviously struggling for match sharpness and we don’t know whether he can cut it at L2 level. He might be worth a one-year contract, but my gut feeling is that he’s probably a good NL striker.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    The description someone near me used to describe Cedwyn when he came on today was “leggy”, and that seems spot-on. He’s obviously struggling for match sharpness and we don’t know whether he can cut it at L2 level. He might be worth a one-year contract, but my gut feeling is that he’s probably a good NL striker.
    He was never really fast, and yes it's normal not to be sharp after so long out, but yes he was a yard slower than the rest of our team. Even Jatta is a quick player despite being so big.

Hope we offer him an extension so he gets his chance but no more than a year as I imagine Scott has enjoyed the benefit in fans' minds of not being involved in the January-March **** show, so we still remember him for his very good performances in the NL, but the jury is still out on him in L2 and giving out 2 year contracts for sentimental reasons has caused us problems this year.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345