+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stockport ratings

Stockport ratings

LAH 5 - conceded 5 so his rating takes a slight hit but he couldn't really do anything about any of the goals, barring the first where he maybe could've done slightly better if im being hyper-critical.

Brindley 4 - Lost his man for their 4th and showed that he's not up for EFL football, something that most of us knew last season, how he got a new deal ill never know.

Baldwin 2 - Awful, at fault entirely for their first, deflected the ball over LAH for the third and put in the most feeble 'attempt' of a tackle for their 4th I've ever seen.

Cameron 5 - part of a defence that conceded 5 so like LAH his rating takes a hit; but he didn't do too much wrong.

Nemane 4 - decent for the first 10 minutes and should've got an assist with Macca's early chance but was completely anonymous afterwards.

Jones 5 - cut a frustrated figure. Tried to make things happen but his crossing was poor, and his attempts at goal were easily saved.

Bostock 3 - really poor yet again, far too lightweight and negative.

Austin 4 - poor tonight, but I still insist he shouldn't be playing in a midfield two, but should rather be a deputy behind Crowley.

Crowley 7 - probably the only player to come out of tonight's debacle with any credit. Was at the centre of everything good notts did in the second half and scored another fantastic goal.

McGoldrick 3 - awful. Barley put in a sprint all night and went he actually did win the ball for once, he decided to try and do 76 stopovers and lose the ball, rather than switching it to Jodi who was in acres of space. Never should've signed him, nevermind given him a two year deal.

Macca 6.5 - his work rate was exceptional and he took his goal well but the game could've been completely different if he'd have taken his early chance.

Randall 6 - looked pretty decent when he came on

JOB 6 - added a bit of bite to midfield that we were certainly lacking

Robertson 6 - see above

I usually don't rate the officials but tonight's 4 were some of the worst I've ever seen at ML. The ref was about as far from a 'homer' as you can get, seemingly didn't even know how to work his watch when he blew for half time a minute too soon, and gave them two penalties for pretty much nothing. The linesman on the pavis side was also a disgrace. He missed countless offsides, handballs and free kicks for us and struggled to even keep up with play, and the fourth official couldn't even figure out the scoreboard. Horrendous.

I'd up Baldwin to a 4, Cameron to a 6, Bostock to a 5 and put a special request in to give the ref a negative rating and ask to see his bank details.

edit - not that we deserved anything out of the game but the ref was as bad as it gets

Agree totally about the officials but my scoring a little different.

LAH -5 Just doesn't command his box , poor distribution and not even a great shot stopper.

Brindley - 5 started ok but drifted out of the game, at fault for 1 goal.

Nemane - 6.5 I actually thought he was out best player. Perfect pass to Langstaff who fluffed his lines. Best his man several times. Kept trying but did fade towards the end.

Baldwin - 2 This guy is a total liability and at fault for at least 2 goals handing them the initiative early doors. There is one giveaway goal virtually every match and is part of the worst defence I can ever remember Notts having.

Cameron - 5 Ok but never Captain material and also outdone for pace. Best of a bad bunch in defence.

Bostock - 3 An absolute legend last season but a shadow of that Bostock now. Ponderous, negative, disinterested. Easy to beat in midfield and poor defensively.

Austin - 4 The lads a trier I'll give him that! But simply not good enough in this division and offers little in creativity or robust tackling in midfield.

Crowley - 6 Better than most , produced a lovely finish for goal 2 but when backs are against the wall not a defensive midfielder. Did keep trying to drive us forward at least.

Jodi - 5 Not his finest game, lots of runs, but passing not quite on point tonight, offers little in a defensive sense, was too greedy tonight too and became ineffective .

Mcgoldrick - 3 Looks totally unfit, what happened to the player who started the season with such promise. So many twist turns step overs he beats himself. Shooting boots not in range and looks way to slow to scare defenses now.

Macca - 6 Never fault his energy and desire but missed a sitter, generally marked out of the game, did get a good consolation goal but another who needs a rest soon .

SUBS - O'Brien 5 - lots of arm waving, running around and plenty of energy but little end result and again has a mistake or too in him. Added some stability in midfield but little else.

Robertson - 6 midfield looked much more combative when he came in. Some positive forward runs and lots of passion

Randall - 5 Looks what he is, a player shirt on confidence and gane time. Didn't really do anything wrong but didn't add much either.

Officials - 0 Amateur, embarrassing , in the pockets of Stockport. 2 poor penalties, missed off sides, have them everything.

Maynard - 5 Hamstrung by injuries and poor decision making on the pitch. Did make the right changes at least. I've not been his biggest fan but not really his fault tonight .

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    I usually don't rate the officials but tonight's 4 were some of the worst I've ever seen at ML. The ref was about as far from a 'homer' as you can get, seemingly didn't even know how to work his watch when he blew for half time a minute too soon, and gave them two penalties for pretty much nothing. The linesman on the pavis side was also a disgrace. He missed countless offsides, handballs and free kicks for us and struggled to even keep up with play, and the fourth official couldn't even figure out the scoreboard. Horrendous.
    The same official was in charge earlier in the season and gave a similarly poor performance. He's a yank bought over in a trial, he needs sending back.

Still not sure how he gave them two penalties and us nothing. Also, booked our players for talking to him, nothing for them. Absolute disgrace of an official. I wonder if we had decent officials if the game would have been closer. If they are given the first penalty, we should have had one just before their fifth.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Agree totally about the officials but my scoring a little different.

LAH -5 Just doesn't command his box , poor distribution and not even a great shot stopper.

Brindley - 5 started ok but drifted out of the game, at fault for 1 goal.

Nemane - 6.5 I actually thought he was out best player. Perfect pass to Langstaff who fluffed his lines. Best his man several times. Kept trying but did fade towards the end.

Baldwin - 2 This guy is a total liability and at fault for at least 2 goals handing them the initiative early doors. There is one giveaway goal virtually every match and is part of the worst defence I can ever remember Notts having.

Cameron - 5 Ok but never Captain material and also outdone for pace. Best of a bad bunch in defence.

Bostock - 3 An absolute legend last season but a shadow of that Bostock now. Ponderous, negative, disinterested. Easy to beat in midfield and poor defensively.

Austin - 4 The lads a trier I'll give him that! But simply not good enough in this division and offers little in creativity or robust tackling in midfield.

Crowley - 6 Better than most , produced a lovely finish for goal 2 but when backs are against the wall not a defensive midfielder. Did keep trying to drive us forward at least.

Jodi - 5 Not his finest game, lots of runs, but passing not quite on point tonight, offers little in a defensive sense, was too greedy tonight too and became ineffective .

Mcgoldrick - 3 Looks totally unfit, what happened to the player who started the season with such promise. So many twist turns step overs he beats himself. Shooting boots not in range and looks way to slow to scare defenses now.

Macca - 6 Never fault his energy and desire but missed a sitter, generally marked out of the game, did get a good consolation goal but another who needs a rest soon .

SUBS - O'Brien 5 - lots of arm waving, running around and plenty of energy but little end result and again has a mistake or too in him. Added some stability in midfield but little else.

Robertson - 6 midfield looked much more combative when he came in. Some positive forward runs and lots of passion

Randall - 5 Looks what he is, a player shirt on confidence and gane time. Didn't really do anything wrong but didn't add much either.

Officials - 0 Amateur, embarrassing , in the pockets of Stockport. 2 poor penalties, missed off sides, have them everything.

Maynard - 5 Hamstrung by injuries and poor decision making on the pitch. Did make the right changes at least. I've not been his biggest fan but not really his fault tonight .
    Pretty much my ratings as well. I’d give Robertson 6.5 probably just because he immediately made us feel stronger. Nemane was superb in a poor crop tonight.
    Maynard.4 shouldn’t have let it get so bad until he made changes.

Decent rating but would change a few
    Baldwin would get a 2.5 because I do remember him not falling on his ass one time
    Austin a 3...can't cross.. can't tackle..what's the point of him being on the pitch
    Ditzy unfortunately a 2...one of the worst performances from a Notts player I have ever seen... absolutely no urgency or fight, had numerous chances to feed the ball down the channels but faffed around and lost it...something doesn't look right about him
    Bostock a 2.5... we are losing and he just slows it down way way too much...passes sideways and back...I'm 46 with a dodgy hip but could do exactly what he did tonight without breaking a sweat.
    Actually thought the subs were pretty decent with Randall being the standout amazingly
    Shocking performance overall...

Don’t disagree with a lot of the ratings.
    It was a game that summed up our season. We were in complete control and looked very good. One slip, balls in the back of the net and we just collapse.
    Crowley was easily our best player but Nemane also had a good game.
    Not sure why Randall is getting any praise though.
    Only once did he attempt to take anyone on and that was when their defender slipped. He then ran straight into the next defender.
    Didn’t put in a cross that I remember. Just received the ball and laid it off.

Crowley 7 - probably the only player to come out of tonight's debacle with any credit. Was at the centre of everything good notts did in the second half and scored another fantastic goal.
    I didn't see a MOTM announced at the game, but it had to be Crowley.

The officials were truly awful. Not only did they give nearly everything to Stockport, but their application of some very simple rules was a joke. In the first half 4 minutes stoppage time goes up on the board, but the ref blows after 3 minutes before being corrected. We make 3 subs, but the fourth official can't get the numbers right on his board. After a lengthy delay the bench had to tell McGoldrick he was coming off. And to top it all four minutes of stoppage time goes up for the second half. We take a free kick which the ref stops play because they decide to make a sub. Fair enough, but even though this takes a minute he blows for full time dead on 94 minutes! I can't claim it affected the result, but they will still get decent money for a really shambolic performance.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Don’t disagree with a lot of the ratings.
    It was a game that summed up our season. We were in complete control and looked very good. One slip, balls in the back of the net and we just collapse.
    Crowley was easily our best player but Nemane also had a good game.
    Not sure why Randall is getting any praise though.
    Only once did he attempt to take anyone on and that was when their defender slipped. He then ran straight into the next defender.
    Didn’t put in a cross that I remember. Just received the ball and laid it off.
    Agreed - our season in a nutshell. Looked like a team that can score goals for fun when we actually played with intensity, but shot ourselves in the foot yet again with diabolical defending.

If we are serious about promotion next season, we need to say sayonara to Bostock, Baldwin, JOB and Austin, and replace them with better, more consistent, more physical players.

I’ll be very concerned (but not 100% surprised) if we offer any of them new contracts.

The other big problem is players under contract who are nowhere near good enough to get us out of this league (the right way) - the goalkeepers; Cameron (though he might be okay with an imposing centre half or two alongside him); Morias, Randall (sorry, but I thought he was hopeless when he came on - produced nothing and also just let a guy cross the ball for the fifth goal), Rawlinson and McGoldrick, who is a big drain on our budget but has produced absolutely nothing of note since the start of the year.

Not sure what the situation is re Chicksen and Brindley, otherwise I’d put them in the get rid/shouldn’t still be here categories.

While I’m getting the negative stuff out, one other concern is that Jatta and Macari can’t seem to play Sat-Tue-Sat. Maybe fair enough for Jatta while he gets used to the EFL, but Macari seems to be picking up injuries on a regular basis. A bit of a worry.

LAH - 5 - Poor stuff for the first. Not much he could do about the others. Poor distribution.

Brindley - 6 - Fine. Wasn’t overly bothered by much. Progressed with the ball well in the second half.

Baldwin - 4 - Slips for the first but has done that too often. Defending for the fourth was just odd. I’m not in the crucify Baldwin category and think there’s a player in there; I think what’s being asked of him is letting him down too.

Cameron - 6 - Thought he had a pretty decent first half. Stood up relatively well. Never a penalty against him.

Bostock - 4 - Bad night at the office after some strong recent performances. Was tidy with the ball. Their press didn’t allow him to play forward too often. Got overran when we gave it away. Should’ve been hooked earlier.

Nemane - 6.5 - Very good early on but then was starved of the ball. Has improved in general under Maynard.

Austin - 4 - Pretty anonymous. Be interesting to know how many touches he had.

Crowley - 8 - Excellent, again. Played much deeper than usual but did it superbly. Kept possession well and looked to move us forward. Top quality goal. I’d be amazed if he’s here in August.

Jones - 6.5 - Looked sharp and threatening without too much end product. Seemed frustrated. Aren’t we all.

McGoldrick - 5 - Dropped deep to get involved but their shape made that difficult. Doesn’t want to be flicking it on from LAH’s long balls. Isn’t being used properly.

Langstaff - 6.5 - Should’ve bagged early on. Took his goal well. Worked hard.

JOB - 4 - Hit feet with a few passes, ran around but didn’t contribute much.

Robertson - 6.5 - Did well given the context. Played the QB role well. Looked bright breaking forward too. Positive.

Randall - 4 - Maintained possession when given the ball. Made one forward run. Shift in the summer.

Maynard - 5 - Changed it all too late. Should’ve hooked the three he did at half time as a minimum.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast