+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hollywood franchise

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Mike, you quote 4 managers ad nauseum. Can you name these 4 managers and cite what their roles are?
    Let me explain something to you. No company anywhere near the size of a football club will have one manager. One manager will have overall responsibility but there will be roles and positions that are covered by assistants. Lee Bell is Head Coach or, if you prefer the term, Manager. One of the criticisms of Artell's reign was that too much was falling on his shoulders. I think you need to try and advance your thinking beyond the period 1950 to 1970. If Lee Bell was the only "Manager" we would be in one hell of a mess. But hey, 50 years watching the club progress, what do I know?
    I always bring in more posts don't I?

Now you are forcing me to respond Timmy..

Professional football has been around over one hundred years..and Spurs, my second favourite team in the sixties had just one manager called Bill Nicholson and not sure he had an assistant but BN was manager of the whole club and everything that went on at the club and you know what? They were the best team in the Country and won the league and FA cup double...Now we have LB as what head coach, yes, that looked great the last three games hey? Then his assistant, then Kenny Lunt in a non managers job and then Mcgarry mentioned another managers name a few weeks ago...I make that 4 managers plus an under 21 manager, plus an under 18 manager and then a kids manager...

To me this is all BS when the ONLY reasons fans go to Gresty Road is the first team and none others...Did you see the kids playing the Cheshire Senior cup? Its blood embarassing when that was played by the first team at one time and Timmy, we, Crewe had some very good teams back then and just one manager and every team in the world now has a dozen coaches and none any better in fact worse than teams back then imo of course. BTW we won the world cup in 66 without any academies whatever and dispite tens, no hundreds of millions being spent on English academies, go and look at the PL players who seem to me to be mainly foreign players and so that is good news on our academies hey? When was the last million pound player we sold on and how much has the academy cost in that time?

Of course they all bleat now that we could not exist without academies but most retired footballers now would be working at B&Q or out of work and academies gave most of them a job...Each manager means less money for a player....How much does RH cost the club? Anyone know? A Wrexham fan said their players are on around 4 grand a week...I have no idea what ours are on but its disgusting that these so called players are getting twice as much per week as top Consultants in the NHS who work far more than 90 minutes a week!

I would not pay 27 quid to watch a basement league team...just me I suppose..
    Last edited by MikeSB; 21-04-2024 at 01:34 PM.