+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hollywood franchise

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I think they would probably have done more good than the ones we have.....

I've another view on all these managers...Lets say our players are on about two grand a week and the managers are on around 500 qpw..Maybe that is not a bad deal really..
    Just go away as you are upsetting all these ignorant people.

A bit off topic, but.
    Does anyone have any info re the nearly Chris Long substitution?
    He was about to come on, the 4th official appeared to object about his socks, so he changed the tape. After a few more minutes of tooing and froing he sat down, got back up, was summoned by R D to the touch line, sat back down…again, and eventually Kirk was brought on.

The red was slightly harsh but all this talk of him being pushed which caused the handball is just nonsense. What on earth are you watching? His hand was up in the air and he almost caught it. The only point up for debate is whether he should've been sent off or not. The fact is Cooney knew he was in big trouble if the ball went over his head and he did what he needed to do to prevent Mullin getting onto it.

McClean could've been sent off too, but so could your player for the wild late 'challenge' that led to the handbags. He should concentrate on improving his game rather than trying to kick and wind up opposition players. That's the only thing he did of note while he was on the pitch by the way. Speaks volumes.

But if you're honest regardless of those two incidents you were never in a million years winning that game. Its daft focusing on two incidents in the game that didn't turn the game on its head or anything of the sort.
    You had two shots on target and 7 shots in total (according to the BBC). You rarely threatened and our goalkeeper had one the easiest games of his life.

The tin foil hat lunatic theories that we get all the decisions from Ref's is just that. In fact many refs have rocked up to our games with the sole intent of making it clear they show us no bias and if anything lean the other way. But even those are few and far between. Most refs I would guess just don't care either way and want to make their way up the pyramid.

And why would they be biased anyway? Its absolutely embarrassing what some fans come out with, stuff like 'they just want to get in the documentary, or Ryan Reynolds has bribed them'. Its cringeworthy to the point you look away but it does give us Wrexham fans a good laugh.

We can all be short-sighted when it comes to our own team and suggestions that the referee was bribed are nothing short of ridiculous. However, I had a direct sight-line of the Cooney incident and the push was very clear. Remember, both players were running full pelt and so the slightest push would have had a significant impact. From the Wrexham side of the ground the push wouldn't have so evident as your view was face on to the players. Add to this the ball was coming over Cooney's head from behind him so he would need eyes in the back of his head th deliberately handball. And, and this is the clincher for it being and absolute disgrace of a decision, the ball was a long way out, it was way over to one side, Mullen was actually behind Cooney so would have needed to get past him and finally there was another Crewe player in the middle of the field. So Cooney wasn't the last man and the play was nowhere near a 'goalscoring situation.
    Finally, the decision killed the game off as a spectacle so the statistics of the last 30 minutes are irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    We can all be short-sighted when it comes to our own team and suggestions that the referee was bribed are nothing short of ridiculous. However, I had a direct sight-line of the Cooney incident and the push was very clear. Remember, both players were running full pelt and so the slightest push would have had a significant impact. From the Wrexham side of the ground the push wouldn't have so evident as your view was face on to the players. Add to this the ball was coming over Cooney's head from behind him so he would need eyes in the back of his head th deliberately handball. And, and this is the clincher for it being and absolute disgrace of a decision, the ball was a long way out, it was way over to one side, Mullen was actually behind Cooney so would have needed to get past him and finally there was another Crewe player in the middle of the field. So Cooney wasn't the last man and the play was nowhere near a 'goalscoring situation.
    Finally, the decision killed the game off as a spectacle so the statistics of the last 30 minutes are irrelevant.
    Spot in Gazan. A pretty accurate reflection of what went on. It is my belief we would have lost the game but as a spectacle for the 9033 who were in the ground, the contest was over in the 54th minute. As for the other incident I haven't seen exactly what happened other than the challenge by Rowe which was unquestionably a yellow card'

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Spot in Gazan. A pretty accurate reflection of what went on. It is my belief we would have lost the game but as a spectacle for the 9033 who were in the ground, the contest was over in the 54th minute. As for the other incident I haven't seen exactly what happened other than the challenge by Rowe which was unquestionably a yellow card'
    So he was pushed or not pushed? Every corner taken at all matches there is aggressive running, pushing and shoving and the Refs do nothing and the sending off was probably the hand ball an not any push anyway and if you go and read the FIFA rules, they are dead keen on handball fouls which they have changed the last couple of years...The plain fact is two fold. If the sending off was an error, then the club should appeal it...Secondly, I would say we had no chance of winning that game as we have no goal scorers in the team and thirdly,yes a third, go and look at our last ten match results and then try and argue we should have beat Wrexham?

You older guys should know what fouling players was really like in the old days...we get injuries the whole time without anything happening...We have a terrible defence and terrible attack and we were just lucky to be in the play offs.... Get over it, our season is over now!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    So he was pushed or not pushed? Every corner taken at all matches there is aggressive running, pushing and shoving and the Refs do nothing and the sending off was probably the hand ball an not any push anyway and if you go and read the FIFA rules, they are dead keen on handball fouls which they have changed the last couple of years...The plain fact is two fold. If the sending off was an error, then the club should appeal it...Secondly, I would say we had no chance of winning that game as we have no goal scorers in the team and thirdly,yes a third, go and look at our last ten match results and then try and argue we should have beat Wrexham?

You older guys should know what fouling players was really like in the old days...we get injuries the whole time without anything happening...We have a terrible defence and terrible attack and we were just lucky to be in the play offs.... Get over it, our season is over now!
    If only you had had this much to say when we were third and going really well. Still, I guess it is more pleasurable being negative.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    WOW. Clutching at straws springs to mind here. Just desperate.

I've watched the replays and I was at the game. The incident was pretty much right in front of me. I had one of the best views in the ground and better than any home fan due to how close I was to it. I can understand you thinking this straight after the incident but not after watching the highlights. Its borderline delusional thinking Mullin's contact caused the handball.

He wasn't sent off for being the last man, he was sent off for deliberate handball. So other defenders and where they were is totally irrelevant.

If your hand is stretched out like his was and it was a clear deliberate action then you're in trouble. There was no stumble or anything like that.

As for the so called 'push'. Dear god. It was a coming together of arms, a slight nudge if anything and nothing more. Certainly no foul and that did not cause Cooney to reach out and almost grab the ball and bring it down. If that's a foul then football isn't a contact sport, which is just nonsense. I've seen worse in kids football.

They were not running at full pelt at all either. Where on earth have you got that from?

Its extremely naïve to believe Cooney didn't know exactly what he was doing. It didn't work with the officials but its worked a treat with you. He didn't take it well did he. Looks like the handball rules haven't reached Crewe yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    If only you had had this much to say when we were third and going really well. Still, I guess it is more pleasurable being negative.
    Like me Timmy,you have been a long time fan of this club and it has always done the same thing...ie the team does a bit better and then sell the best players and we start all over again with a stupid academy playing youths in the team who are not up to it and get injured easily...Yes we did do well earlier but what was the purpose of posting stuff to say oh yes we did well there didn't we...

We have spent what, 20 million on a kids academy to end up in the basement division? It costs over a million a year and not one team in the bottom two divisions aprt from Colchester who has a Ca2 academy and yet we think its the best thing for us why we sign other teams academy players? Have you noticed where Colchester is in the league?

There are three teams in the PL who we used to play regularly and so that is what you call progress, not getting 5 million for a player like we did and then not spending a penny on signing another decent one..I suppose its only because I was born here that I am a fan otherwise I would run a hundred miles from here...

You and others don't like the post from the Wrexham fan as he tells it as it is and fans on here object strongly to a different opinion and then try and bully them off here...We are done for this season and possibly the worst performing team in the division these last 10 games...Who signed all these players we have now and what training do they get?

And what are the 7000 Crewe fans going to do next after such a dismal performance? Buy one like hot cakes?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast