+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager required

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    You do gru, being right is all you care about. Which is crazy as you rarely ever are.

But at least I'm not reading from a script! How many times does it work out how you believe it should?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Going on about his weight is just pathetic.
    Have a look round on match day.
    Most looks like they've escaped from somewhere.
    Just cheap shots which Evo will just laugh at. It's not good being that big but he's obviously comfortable with it.

I wa so disappointed last time when we appointed Steve. A man who had got a suspended prison sentence for cheating the public purse and somebody who had several fine for abusing officials.
    What about this time? Well it certainly could be said he has achieved success but he also has the ability to rub people up the wrong way.I think it is a short sighted appointment and i fear we might be in the same situation in three years or before.
    I think what was needed was to invest in our acasemy which is only level three i believe. That needs a long term fix and while ever we keep using short term fixes with manager after manager without inveting in the infrastructure and getting teh club into the 21st century. If we keep doing the same expect the same. Steve will get a stiffer team and the shirkers will be gone and not employed from now on. This might sound like hindsight after last night but i feel we should have signed Nigel Clough after Warne went to Derby. A man who has experience and some success. I wish Steve Evans all the best and he might get us in the top half of division one. However a different radical approach is needed for long term success. It also needs a fair amount of cash as well. We seem to find it for new managers and paying up contracts. Perhaps we should put some of that money into the infrastructure of the club.

Well said Gru.

A Collin
    J Tavernier
    C Morgan
    K Arnason
    J Skarz
    K Agard
    L Frecklington
    R Smallwood
    B Pringle
    W Thomas
    A Revell

Wembley Play-off Final winners 2014 🏆

What a team.
    what great memories.

Welcome Home Steve Evans .
    DNA of Rotherham.
    UTM

I am already considerably more optimistic about next season than I was this morning before today's events started to unfold.
    Love or hate him his achievements are impressive

Welcome back Steve Evans,' The Fairy Tale of New York' part two, begins.

Quote Originally Posted by parkgatewelfare View Post
    Welcome back Steve Evans,' The Fairy Tale of New York' part two, begins.

PGW, very well put, I like it.

Great news as far as I'm concerned. A proven manager in the league we're in who knows and understands the club. Plus he's got passion, isn't boring, and won't be thanking players for making themselves available. After the season we've just had, we couldn't ask for any more.

I hear the concerns about long term, but right now, I don't care. If you've got a gaping wound, it might need micro surgery, but at this moment it just needs someone to stuff a rag in it and stop the bleeding. That's where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    Great news as far as I'm concerned. A proven manager in the league we're in who knows and understands the club. Plus he's got passion, isn't boring, and won't be thanking players for making themselves available. After the season we've just had, we couldn't ask for any more.

I hear the concerns about long term, but right now, I don't care. If you've got a gaping wound, it might need micro surgery, but at this moment it just needs someone to stuff a rag in it and stop the bleeding. That's where we are.
    Very well put Sir.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast