+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager required

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    It wouldn't lift me one bit.

I made a fairly long post about it the other day, if we want to sign 15 to 20 players every season and never make a profit on any of them then he's the way to go.
    Rules have changed so he can no longer do this though TBH we need 14 new players just to make the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    This is for everyone.......Evo aside, who would you want as Manager?
    James Milner - Player-manager

Michael Duff being well touted.

Steve Evans or Duff for me.
    Glad the decision has been made now.

But wouldn't it lift us all bringing back a Manager who takes no prisoners and squeezes the best out of everyone? We need someone with evo's attitude, any chance we can get Sir Alex out of retirement?
    Don't include me Brin!

This is for everyone.......Evo aside, who would you want as Manager?
    I don't really have a name who I want at the minute. I think any manager we go for off the usual EFL manager merry-go-round will just be underwhelming for the fans. We need to do something a bit different.

a) We go for a young coach who's been working at a bigger club and looking for his management break, for example like Kieran McKenna was at Man Utd before moving to Ipswich, or Rob Edwards was coaching at Wolves and England Under U20s before finding success at Forest Green and then Luton. There must be people out there, but you can bet we haven't been looking.

b) We go for a big name ex player looking for a break in management like John Terry is, I'm not saying him specifically but somebody who was on a similar level as a player would bring excitement and would help attract players who would want to work with them. Barlaser for instance really wanted to go to Boro for the chance to work with Carrick.

c) We look abroad.

I'm pretty sure we'll do none of these things and it'll be the usual half a dozen underwhelming names.

Evans has many faults, but we need someone to fire some life into the club after the last two lacklustre managers. We need someone who knows what we are and what we can be. We don't have the money to play fancy football, we need passion, endeavour and all-out effort to succeed on our budget. And that can be enough in League one, as we've seen. Evans can deliver on that.

Not sure about this but hearing we don't have to pay off Richardson Kelly in full seeing they've only held their positions for less than 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Rules have changed so he can no longer do this though TBH we need 14 new players just to make the squad.
    He can't do it every other week like he did last time but he can sign as many players during the window as he wants.

This is the list of ins and outs at Stevenage this season https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stev...rs/verein/3684

Not over surprised with this news, perhaps overdue

But new manager or not the real problem lies with those gutless wonders that make up the bulk of our playing squad.

Big clear out still needed

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast