+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager required

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    Evans has many faults, but we need someone to fire some life into the club after the last two lacklustre managers. We need someone who knows what we are and what we can be. We don't have the money to play fancy football, we need passion, endeavour and all-out effort to succeed on our budget. And that can be enough in League one, as we've seen. Evans can deliver on that.
    Laim Richardson delived it at Wigan.. as champions... I'm shocked by this decision.. not that I was happy with what I was watching because I certainly wasn't.. but I felt that with his own players . Who wanted to play for him he was worth a chance in league 1 .. he inherited a very poor championship side full of players who had passed there best .. and player who were either injured. Or not trying to the best of there ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I don't really have a name who I want at the minute. I think any manager we go for off the usual EFL manager merry-go-round will just be underwhelming for the fans. We need to do something a bit different.

a) We go for a young coach who's been working at a bigger club and looking for his management break, for example like Kieran McKenna was at Man Utd before moving to Ipswich, or Rob Edwards was coaching at Wolves and England Under U20s before finding success at Forest Green and then Luton. There must be people out there, but you can bet we haven't been looking.

b) We go for a big name ex player looking for a break in management like John Terry is, I'm not saying him specifically but somebody who was on a similar level as a player would bring excitement and would help attract players who would want to work with them. Barlaser for instance really wanted to go to Boro for the chance to work with Carrick.

c) We look abroad.

I'm pretty sure we'll do none of these things and it'll be the usual half a dozen underwhelming names.
    Agree with this.
    I hope we've been proactive this time before making the decision but history suggests we probably haven't.

Going back rarely works so I would be apprehensive if Evans came back and it wouldn't unite the fan base judging by the reaction on X and Facebook.

If we're not going to be innovative then maybe Michael Duff would be the safest bet.

Absolutely delighted.

LR was a dreadful choice.

Made a poor team much worse in next to no time

Weeks ago I suggested Duff and I think I will get my wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    Weeks ago I suggested Duff and I think I will get my wish.

Not for me apart from looking another passion less manager what connection does he have with Roth U? Need one or the other attributes this time after last 2 managers.

This is the happiest I have been all season

As usual loads of decent names will be mentioned, and the usual non-achievers. We'll all get excited about getting someone credible, but after they are scared off by the league two infrastructure and turn us down, or we can't afford them we'll lower our expectations.
    But now Tony has been burnt by both the cheap option, the last resort, and the young new ideas no ties to the club options too.
    So what does he do next - go for someone safe who he knows like Wood? Which might not be a bad choice take if he can get an experienced assistant who knows something other than old skool hoof ball.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Absolutely delighted.

LR was a dreadful choice.

Made a poor team much worse in next to no time
    Well done IBS.....you tipped this after TS gave LR the dreaded vote of confidence. I wonder what has 'gone off'!

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    This is the happiest I have been all season
    3 hattricks from Hughill will change that

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Well done IBS.....you tipped this after TS gave LR the dreaded vote of confidence. I wonder what has 'gone off'!
    I think losing loads of games is the issue

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast