+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager required

Commander Chaos said we are expecting the usual incredibly high standard of applicants and I will use my extensive knowledge of football to ensure we make the right appointment. My record to date speaks for itself.
    However, I am due to go on a world cruise soon so the process will take a while to complete.
    Hopefully we will have someone in place before the start of next season

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestCorner View Post
    Stevenage failed to make the playoffs last night - announcement imminent
    This would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    So.

He's had enough and doesn't believe the holding pattern manager is up to it.

I agree he's probably not the one to take us forward but I think he should have had 10 or so games to see what he could do.

Anyway new man needed. And a new assistant.

I suspect TS maybe have already approached someone or got someone in mind given the timing is now and not the end of the season.

That or we are managerless for a month or so.
    CE I thought the same with 10 games or so next season but it is what it is. Now whoever comes in, let's hope and pray they ain't hoodwinked by some of these current non triers as they attempt to ask for a new contract. I think we all know who should go and stay but, we aren't the next Manager.

I should Imagine it will be Morrison/Peltier as caretaker Managers for the last few games.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Commander Chaos said we are expecting the usual incredibly high standard of applicants and I will use my extensive knowledge of football to ensure we make the right appointment. My record to date speaks for itself.
    However, I am due to go on a world cruise soon so the process will take a while to complete.
    Hopefully we will have someone in place before the start of next season
    Enjoy the cruise pal.

It sounds daft considering what has happened in recent months but I wasn't expecting that news today.

Ironically, we're probably a more attractive option to Managers in League One than in the Championship. They've got a good chance of success in League One, they're on a hiding to nothing in the Championship and they know, hence why so many turned it down.

I fear that Evans will be back though, hope to God I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Enjoy the cruise pal.
    TS not me 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    It sounds daft considering what has happened in recent months but I wasn't expecting that news today.

Ironically, we're probably a more attractive option to Managers in League One than in the Championship. They've got a good chance of success in League One, they're on a hiding to nothing in the Championship and they know, hence why so many turned it down.

I fear that Evans will be back though, hope to God I'm wrong.
    I hope you are wrong as well.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 17-04-2024 at 09:51 AM.

Well I for one hope SE comes back. I remember the excitement of those days - and that’s what it’s all about!

Apparently Richardson has resigned not been sacked. Let’s hope he spills the beans warts and all what is truly going off and is wrong at our club.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestCorner View Post
    Well I for one hope SE comes back. I remember the excitement of those days - and that’s what it’s all about!
    Excitement yes, but in my opinion it'd cause long term pain for short term gain. The club needs a long term plan, Evans would be a quick fix at best.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast