+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager required

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburghmiller View Post
    Crikey! You have no idea of my situation. Living abroad I watch all games on iFollow and get back to NYS whenever I can. I would love to see you at Wembley next year but doubt it will happen
    Well done!

Well after the fiasco of the last appointment, congratulations to the chairman and board for sorting this one out quickly. Whether you agree or don’t with SE’s appointment he has 3 games to determine who, if any, stay and then we will see plenty of activity. His revolving door policy cannot still happen with a 25 squad capacity, excluding youth which we don’t seem to have a plethora of, but at least he knows the majority of our next seasons opponents. He will not be everybody’s cup of tea but at least we will see effort and endeavour. I don’t like seeing the team lose but if they have tried their best I won’t complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Next season probably does come with more expectation now he's here, but as a club we have to look beyond just the next season, that's how we've ended up in the situation we're in now. We seemingly never have a plan further than the next transfer window. We might have some excitement over the next year or two, but in three or four years I wouldn't be surprised if we having another season just like this one.

You sound like your programmed in! Can't think of a better appointment that we could afford. Go with the flow won't be dull!

His last match in charge - Birmingham City. Millers victory

First match back - Birmingham City. Millers victory ? Not sure what I want tbh it could help keeps Wendies up.

Welcome back Big Man.
    First job swap dug out's back.

Birmingham will not be happy with this turn of events. Before today, they probably thought they had a decent chance of a point or 3 on Saturday. Now they'll be afraid that the new manager syndrome will work against them and it may well cost them their place in the Championship!

Whereas I'm apprehensive about "going back" because it doesn't usually work out, I'm pleased overall with Evo's appointment because he does "get" the club and certainly won't be taking any prisoners in the massive rebuild that's required.
    I agree with those that say we don't have a long term plan but I'm resigned to the fact that we'll never have one under this chairman so let's just jump back on the rollercoaster and start to enjoy the ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    You sound like your programmed in! Can't think of a better appointment that we could afford. Go with the flow won't be dull!
    The difference between me and you gru is I want Evans to be a success and prove me wrong because I care about the club. You wanted Warne to fail and prove you right because you care more about your own ego.

I will let the dust settle and take stock of this situation,but initial thoughts are it might be not exactly be the silver bullet people might hope,this is a different situation and dynamic to when he was here last time and it is an expensive decision.i think someone from club needs to come out and state the direction of travel now with the club,because we have had so much turmoil in a relative short space of time we need some concrete information on structure and plans..!..

Brilliant news - there was no one else out there who could sort out this current s..t show and get us back on track. I'm sick of sitting in an NYS 'library' - we have zero passion and once we have cleared out all the dead wood and replaced with fresh blood then I think we can look forward to an exciting season of football albeit at a lower level. Really looking forward to Saturday now and seeing the new messiah back in a Millers dugout.
    Well done Tony!!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast