+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wear a sombrero for Steve this Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I've asked anyone to provide the 88 signings obviously it's a myth like I said.

Welcome back Evo you've been sorely missed.

NB. Whatever he did season on season though turned to gold and you can never remove that...fact!
    It's not a myth, the full list is here across 4 pages, all permanent signings and loan players are listed.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/steve-...ation_id=53611

https://www.transfermarkt.com/steve-...tion_id=364358

and 42 in two years at Stevenage.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    It's not a myth, the full list is here across 4 pages, all permanent signings and loan players are listed.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/steve-...ation_id=53611
    Thanks Mas, saved me the bother…….we should ram it home by copying and pasting in here his cv, that the mod is so keen on.
    Some may have forgotten the misdemeanours, the stagnant wilderness years, yellow cards, red card. Bringing the game into distrepute.

It’s a pity, more than a pity, because the deluded don’t realise that the “best chance of a bounce back” the chairman seems to think will come,
    Won’t just come overnight….we don’t have any money. Evans is going to have to train and work at it…. Loan time, loan time, shout scream and wail time.

Pretty, it will not be…..and all the years in between….that bit harder.

The worst thing is the hype. The fall is all the harder, and we set ourselves up time and again.

I will look through this lot later and thanks for posting them. I've asked before and no one could come up with anything.

Now back to Evo and his excessive use of players. With us he gained back to back promotions and kept us in the Championship.

Meanwhile with Stevenage, when he took over they were third or second off the bottom of their league. He kept them up in his first season with them. Second season he got them promoted, his 8th in total I do believe. This season he's just missed out on the play offs.

So I ask the question, as much as he uses a lot of players, does he deliver the goods? Okay I think you'll come back with Leeds, a completely different animal out of his comfort zone and Gillingham a flop but overall, is he not an achieving Manager?

He is getting older, near but not quite as prolific. Are you reading, Mr. Mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    Thanks Mas, saved me the bother…….we should ram it home by copying and pasting in here his cv, that the mod is so keen on.
    Some may have forgotten the misdemeanours, the stagnant wilderness years, yellow cards, red card. Bringing the game into distrepute.

It’s a pity, more than a pity, because the deluded don’t realise that the “best chance of a bounce back” the chairman seems to think will come,
    Won’t just come overnight….we don’t have any money. Evans is going to have to train and work at it…. Loan time, loan time, shout scream and wail time.

Pretty, it will not be…..and all the years in between….that bit harder.

The worst thing is the hype. The fall is all the harder, and we set ourselves up time and again.
    Millmoordays can we leave the MOD bit out you're making it personal. I'm no different on here like you so have some respect pal. You can use brin like I'm using your name or no name at all, just leave the MOD bit out, thanks.

Let me ask you a question. With all this vitriol against Evo coming back, are you still going to attend our games going forward?

As for the 'bounce back' I've already lead a post saying I'd be happy with a mid place finish next season and to rebuild gradually whoever came in. I don't want us going straight back up.
    Last edited by Brin; 17-04-2024 at 09:27 PM.

I will look through this lot later and thanks for posting them. I've asked before and no one could come up with anything.

Now back to Evo and his excessive use of players. With us he gained back to back promotions and kept us in the Championship.

Meanwhile with Stevenage, when he took over they were third or second off the bottom of their league. He kept them up in his first season with them. Second season he got them promoted, his 8th in total I do believe. This season he's just missed out on the play offs.

So I ask the question, as much as he uses a lot of players, does he deliver the goods? Okay I think you'll come back with Leeds, a completely different animal out of his comfort zone and Gillingham a flop but overall, is he not an achieving Manager?
    I don’t get why this is important, why not change players if they aren’t performing or fitting into the playing system?

If you had a car that was continually breaking down you would swap it for another, and yet another if that one didn’t work.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    [attach=config]26070[/attac

i’m back !!!
    On my bedroom ceiling.

Right Mr.Mod, you make a point and shoot yourself right in the foot…..
    So, he works the miracle, gets us promoted. Even first time. Then what? Sack him?
    Once again, it shows, like the board does, lack of a good plan for the future.

We had a man, warne who wanted to build, yet was denied crucial money just at the right time.

So, don’t think for a second that should the wonderful Evans get us promoted it will be happy days….just scraping promotion, flopping when we get there won’t hack it for Evans…..out on his ear…..champs, that’s all, and maybe £ it brings…..all that’s a concern.
    No plan, and we can see through it.

More “flops Mr. Mod, as you put it, than good…..you said it.
    Last edited by Millmoordays; 17-04-2024 at 09:21 PM.

Steve Evans…..the pick and mix, suck and see, managers guide to choosing players….and wasting money.

And people (some) think he is a good manager.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast